Seriously????

Options
Got to work tonight and weighed myself (220.9), 7 hours into my shift I reweighed 223.9??? Can you really gain 3 pounds in 7 hours? I know I shouldn't have reweighed, but I was curious...and now disheartened.

Replies

• reginabroyles
    Options
    i try to weigh 1 time a week but sometimes i get curious to and it also does that. I have no clue why.
  • leanmass24
    leanmass24 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Yes, your weight can fluctuate 6-8lbs a day sometimes,,, that is why it is reccommended that you only weigh once a week.
  • pinksocks73
    Options
    Yes, your weight can fluctuate 6-8lbs a day sometimes,,, that is why it is reccommended that you only weigh once a week.

I know I shouldn't have done it....now I wish I hadn't.
  • leanmass24
    Options
    As to why, it is water balance and retention... if you intake alot of salt that day your body will retain more water then normal. If you drink more water it will hlep flush the salt out and have a better balance. Also for you females, time of the month make y'all retain tons of water weight. just keep that in mind when you are weighing yourself .
  • pinksocks73
    Options
    As to why, it is water balance and retention... if you intake alot of salt that day your body will retain more water then normal. If you drink more water it will hlep flush the salt out and have a better balance. Also for you females, time of the month make y'all retain tons of water weight. just keep that in mind when you are weighing yourself .

Mmmm I get all that. Looking back at my food log for yesterday, I don't think my Na+ intake was huge...and I don't get that monthly water retention issue that my female cohorts do :) I drink anywhere from 64-120oz water/day.

Argh
  • leanmass24
    Options
    Still 3 lbs is not uncommon for a normal fluctutaion. Somtimes, I weigh myself 3 times a day just for the helluv it. I have seen a 6 lb difference before... and normally it is about 2-3 lb difference.
  • bobdubya
    Options
    Unless you have a scale certified for trade by the dept of weights and measures they are just indicators basically. i can weigh 3 times in 30 seconds and get three different readings.lol ( digital scale ) So i only weigh once a week now. NO EXCEPTIONS. i'm alot happier for it..
  • pinksocks73
    Options
    Unless you have a scale certified for trade by the dept of weights and measures they are just indicators basically. i can weigh 3 times in 30 seconds and get three different readings.lol ( digital scale ) So i only weigh once a week now. NO EXCEPTIONS. i'm alot happier for it..

Naw...this is just a digital scale in the ER where I work. I use this same scale all the time tho.