Thai-style peanut sauce

katylil
katylil Posts: 223 Member
I posted this on my MFP wall yesterday and it seems to have gone down well with my friends so I thought I'd share it with everyone else! :)

As it's just before Pay Day, all I had left in my fridge last night was a load of green veg, so I sauteed them in a little sunflower oil and wanted a yummy sauce to go with them that would make it seem like more of a meal. This is the result of that!

The amounts I've provided made enough for me and a very large portion of green veg. Calories worked out at about 200kcal for the portion (just the sauce). Feel free to play around with the quantities until you find what works for you!

-2 full tsps of natural, organic peanut butter (I used crunchy but smooth would work just as well)
-2 tsps of soy sauce
-Half a tsp of sugar (I used white but I think brown would be lovely with this!)
-A tiny dash of fish sauce (you could easily use salt for this, I just think the fish sauce gives it a little bit of an extra kick)
-A dash of lime juice
-1 clove of freshly smushed garlic

Whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl with a bit of cold water until you get the consistency you want and drizzle over sautéed greens (broccoli, courgette, spinach and asparagus was my choice), chicken, fish... the possibilities are endless!

:)

Replies