WANTED!!! Your favorite soup recipes

Options
13»

Replies

• jules2211
    Options
    Hi everyone, I new here but have recently found this really tasty and simple carrot & cariander soup, it only 115cals per serving.

1 tablespoon oil (I just use a few sprays of fry light 1 cal
    1 chopped onion
    1 teaspoon ground coriander
    1 chopped potato
    450g peeled and chopped carrots
    1 litre vegetable or chicken stock
    handful of fresh coriander

heat oil in large pan add onion and fry until soft. stir in ground coriander and potato, cook for 1 minute. Add carrots & stock, return to the boil and then simmer for 20 minutes until tender. Add fresh coriander and liquidise, return to the heat and add salt and pepper to taste. delicious
  • Ntdrkyet
    Ntdrkyet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bump
  • asherid
    Options
    bump!
  • willowglimmer
    Options
    Bump
  • maeadair
    maeadair Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    CELERY SOUP - My own recipe, it tastes creamy but there is no cream in it so a fraction of the calories

6-8 sticks of Celery
    I medium to large Onion
    2 1/2 cups of skimmed Milk
    2 tablespoons Plain Flour
    vegetable stock cube
    1 garlic glove
    pinch of black pepper
    pinch of cayenne pepper
    Salt to taste

Grate the celery and onion and cook over a very low heat in a heavy lidded pan, adding the stock cube once a little fluid has come out of the veg - no oil should be needed as the water will come out of the veggies
    once veg has softened add the milk and bring to almost boiling.
    Blitz to a smooth consistency using whatever blender you use
    Add your seasoning, lid and return to simmer
    Mix 2 tablespoons of flour with half a cup of water - a shaker makes it easier to eliminate the lumps
    Add flour mixture to the simmer milk and veg and stir constantly while thickening over the heat.

Serve

You can turn this into a mushroom soup simply by omitting the celery and adding 200-300g of mushrooms. I also add a teaspoon of chives to my soups.

Sounds YUMMY!:happy:
  • maeadair
    maeadair Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I always have the ingredients in the house , lentils are really cheap, good for you and filling! Plus this is so quick and easy to make!

Red Lentil & Tomato soup

100g Lentils
    1 large onion choppped
    1clove garlic crusshed
    1 vegatable stock cube
    1Carrot chopped
    1 can tomatoes

In a pan onoin crushed garlic and stock cube, enough water to cover them, and simmer

in a spearate pan place the lentils enough water to cover them, and simmer

When the lentils are cooked add to the first pan and blend add more water , seasoning as required.

Enjoy!

makes 3 servings 187 calories each! my whole family love this one .

Also

Butternut Squash Soup
    Serves: 6
    400ml water
    500g butternut squash
    1 onion
    1 carrot
    1 veggie stock cube
    1 clove garlic
    1 tsp olive oil
    tiny dash of cayenne pepper(optional)

Cut the squash in half length ways and remove the seeds and fleshy bit. Then bake in the oven for 40 mins.
    Once baked and cooled, just peel the skin off, it should come off no problem. Make sure you don't waste any fluids that have accumulated in the squash, pour them into the sauce pan.
    Fry the onion and garlic in the oil and any fluids from the squash until softened.
    Add the Stock and water as well as the chopped carrot.
    Cook for 20 mins and then chop the squash and add this. Also add the cayenne pepper at this point if you dare, but be careful you only need a tiny amount to make a huge difference.
    Cook for 10 mins more then remove from heat and blitz.

80 calories per serving, 1.8g F, 0.2g SF, 16.0g C, 3.7g S, 2.8g Fb, 1.8g

http://heavling.blogspot.com/search/label/Soup

Love butternut squash...will have to try this.:happy:
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    French Onion Soup! Nutritional Info is @ the bottom of the recipe & recipe is in the MFP database as "MJ Delisle - French Onion Soup"

http://jdelisle42.blogspot.com/2011/01/french-onion-soup_16.html