anybody have the Wii Fit?

Options
I am considering asking for a Wii for Christmas, but my hubby thinks it will gather dust after awhile.....Any body out there have one?, does the initial interest wear off? or are there long time users out there....help! I do not want to waste money on a fad.,
Lianne
I guess I should add that I currently have badminton, pilates classes, and I walk on a regular basis too.

Replies

• lindalu522
    Options
    I have one, we use it on and off-its really fun and i love it!
  • wittlemunchkinx
    Options
    I have one!
    It's good to play on every day because it gets you active!
    You can change your plans and everything :D
    It also has a weighing thing which you're supposed to do everyday :) and keeps you motivated going on it :)
    I love it! And can't wait to get back home and play...although the calories calculated may be inacurate..!
  • regi1
    regi1 Posts: 28
    Options
    I have one but I must confess it collects more dust than use. It is fun and I love it, but I just do not have the time I like to enjoy it. Especially with my husband and so constently hogging the WII and TV. I have heard of people havinf significant results from the WII Fit. If you do get one I must say that the recoding of your weight can be inaccurate if used on carpet.
  • smiggles
    Options
    We have wii fit plus, and my children especially my son who didn't like the wii fit really likes this one and easily plays for 30 mins most days. There are some really neat games to play so it doesn't feel like exercising!
  • nubreeze33
    Options
    you should get it! I'm asking for one as well........I don't think it will collect dust, it's too much fun.
  • jessmo803
    Options
    I got one as an early Christmas present this year and I've used it every day since I got it. It's still kindof new to me, but I love love love it! I do a half hour to an hour workout a day on it. It's fun and very user friendly! Talk your hubby into it. It's fun for the whole family :o)
  • ceileen
    Options
    I have one and I love it. I go through phases where I play it every day, and then don't play for a few weeks, but it's a ton of fun. Calories and weight aren't very accurate (especially because I have to have it on the carpet) but that doesn't really matter. The boxing and martial arts games are my favourites.
  • cbellish
    Options
    We have one and it's great at keeping track of your weight loss progress, but it helps if your committed. Plus most of the games are really fun!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    The whole family used it daily for months, but it's been sitting untouched for like a year now. Totally wore off....
  • cannikita
    cannikita Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My husband and I got a Wii Fit last year and we liked it a lot. The interest did wear off for us after a while, but that is mainly because we just got a little too busy to play it. If you are use to a pretty intense workout, then you may not want the Wii Fit to be your main source of exercise. But if you are pretty inactive it is a great way to get off the couch.
  • audiophile
    Options
    It's good fun! Most of the games and exercises get a bit dull after a while, but you could always mix things up with another fitness game!
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    hubby is collecting mine as we speak!
  • sierra6189
    Options
    I got mine over a year ago. And I get bored with the wii fit plus...I went out and bought wii active and also own a few other games that really get you up and moving. Im looking into buying a few more that are just coming out. But thats how I do my workout every day and I find ways to switch it up.It's worth it as long as you make it worth it. :D
  • MissJennaBelle
    Options
    I got mine ages ago, couldnt get me off it at first then lost interest. I still used the wii for the tennis, golf and bowling games etc. but not so much the wii fit. That being said when I discovered MFP and started to make a change in my lifestyle by adding in more exercise on a daily basis the Wii Fit/Plus has come in very handy as I'm too self concious to visit a gym just yet. Cant get enough, makes it very easy to do a bit everyday at home! It keeps track of my weight and BMI so I can see from the graph how I'm getting on. Looking to get the EA Sports Active 2 in the new year too!
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I have one and I've been using it since the end of Aug and I've lost 20 lbs since then. Granted I've used this website to keep track of my food.

I would recommend the Wii Fit Plus, EA Active games, and gold Gym games. If you have Netflix you can watch them on your wii, so my wii gets lots of use.
  • debbiepringle
    debbiepringle Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have one. I weigh in daily with Wii Fit Plus. But I love the EA Active games. Wii Fit Plus has some fun games, but EA Active has more workout plans and has been more effective for me. I use my wii every day and I have had it for a year. My grandson loves it and he is only 3.
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    We have one too. Its fun and the kids like to do it too.
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I bought one and used it alot at first but then i got bored as it takes ages between the exercises. I bought EA active which is fab and is definately worth the money - they have a new one that includes HRM now which i've heard is good.
    After a year of not using the wii fit board I sold it and bought the family trainer instead, which is a roll out mat (my girls like jumping and you can't jump on the board)
    If you're unlikely to go to a gym then i'd recommend EA active games as they are good, but not the wii fit. (its weighing is very random) Try borrow one for a while and then decide if you like it first.
  • bkmush
    bkmush Posts: 27
    Options
    We have had ours for a year - we used it A LOT last winter, barely at all over the summer and a lot again now that it's cold and snowy. For the kids it's great - especially my 4 year old son - it gives me a way to burn off some energy without jumping off the furniture. Our winters are tough and we can only play outside a few hours a week so it's nice for that. The plus is that the whole family can play and be active together, the negative is that whenever I get it out to workout myself everyone wants a turn and by the time we all take turns it takes me like 2 hours to get my 1/2 hour workout in.
  • spinndrift
    Options
    I have one and it was what I used for my initial weight loss.

As the above poster says there is a time gap between exercises so your heart rate slows down but I was pleased with the results and I still use it occasionally.

I find the workout isn't tough enough for me now so use the gym for that along with the cycling but I use the wii fit to measure and record my weight.

If you have limited time and are not into hardcore exercises then I thinks its a good aid.