Weight loss just wont stop or slow down

Options
13»

Replies

• chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Eat whenever you want to eat!

If you talking about maintaining weight it just boils down to calories in vs calories out
    When you eat them calories makes no difference

^^^ This!!!

I am a 5'4" 115 lb girl and eat 1410 cals per day to lose weight, and 1600 to maintain! Guys need a lot more. I do not know how active you are, I briefly looked at your diary and didn't see exercise, which is fine, but that just means you have way under estimated your activity level, so your maintenance calories are too low. You don't have to eat yourself stuffed, or eat a bunch of junk. This will lead to yo yo dieting. You can eat more calorie dense foods though. Some avocado, nuts (like you said) peanutbutter, more protein... It all will help without all the bulk to make you feel stuffed.
  • Spiderkeys
    Spiderkeys Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Wow 1600 calories a day just to maintain isn't much, I don't think I could live on that low calorie diet for the rest of my life, as I'm only been maintaining a week, 2200 for me is just a guess, but I'm a guy and some guys have had to adjust their maintaince level as high as 3200, which be insane if I had to go that high, that's nearly what got me fat in the first place, but then I again, I'm living in a new very active lifestyle, so maybe thats all I really needed, more exercise than a calorie deflect.
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I started trying to find my maintenance range in mid-January. Have increased my net calories by 100 to 150 every 2 weeks from 2250 to 2550 and have still loss an additional 8 lbs. For me that's okay because I'm still a little above the high end of a healthy BMI. Based on tomorrow weigh-in, I'll increase to 2650 net for 2 weeks. We're pretty lucky that we can actually eat more then we expected to maintain.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I have the samw problem. I'm a 21 year old student. I have a pretty sendetary life, but I try to ride my bike to school when it's sunny and I have volleyball practice twice a week (I used to be a professional, but now I only enjoy recreational playing). This is all the workout I get in a week.
    I eat 2000kcal a week (sory my diary is not open, but I use calorie counter for counting calories but the forums here are better :D) now that I'm on maintance and I have 160lbs (5'10").
    Do you think 2000 is not enough (I sometimes eat more than 2000 but not more than 2200). When I was restricting I was eating around 1600-1800, but have now uped my alorie intake. In the last month I still lost 2 pounds and I'm worried I won't stop losing.

You eat 2000 calories a week? Or a day?
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    I have the samw problem. I'm a 21 year old student. I have a pretty sendetary life, but I try to ride my bike to school when it's sunny and I have volleyball practice twice a week (I used to be a professional, but now I only enjoy recreational playing). This is all the workout I get in a week.
    I eat 2000kcal a week (sory my diary is not open, but I use calorie counter for counting calories but the forums here are better :D) now that I'm on maintance and I have 160lbs (5'10").
    Do you think 2000 is not enough (I sometimes eat more than 2000 but not more than 2200). When I was restricting I was eating around 1600-1800, but have now uped my alorie intake. In the last month I still lost 2 pounds and I'm worried I won't stop losing.

You eat 2000 calories a week? Or a day?

Jesus, I missed that. Hoping she just made a typo....
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    reduce your workout frequency

keep eating at maintenance

Why would you say this? Lol. Just increase calories. He's obviously eating in a deficit.

boom.

how is this a discussion still?
  • Spiderkeys
    Options
    I'll appear to be gaining on just 2,200 calories a day, (now nearly 5 pounds up since starting), the scales now appears to be moving up, not sure maintaining is as easy as I thought, I beeen drinking too much cold water latetely, I wonder and I hope it's just water weight, now I downed my calories to 2,000, hoping that needle on the damn scale stays still or should I just stop weighing myself everyday when Im maintaining?
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    This should be a note that all those who complain about not losing on a 1200 calorie restriction can be directed to.
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Sorry I don't have nothing to add. I'm in the losing mode...so of course I wish I had this issue. Good luck with finding what works for you.....
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I'll appear to be gaining on just 2,200 calories a day, (now nearly 5 pounds up since starting), the scales now appears to be moving up, not sure maintaining is as easy as I thought, I beeen drinking too much cold water latetely, I wonder and I hope it's just water weight, now I downed my calories to 2,000, hoping that needle on the damn scale stays still or should I just stop weighing myself everyday when Im maintaining?

Stop weighing yourself daily and making changes based on daily fluctuations. Pick a calorie goal and weigh yourself weekly or better bi-monthly. You need to give your body time to adjust to the new caloric intake. Also pick a day and time for the weigh-in, preferably first thing in the morning.
  • Spiderkeys
    Options

Stop weighing yourself daily and making changes based on daily fluctuations. Pick a calorie goal and weigh yourself weekly or better bi-monthly. You need to give your body time to adjust to the new caloric intake. Also pick a day and time for the weigh-in, preferably first thing in the morning.

True I need more patience, like I gained 5 pounds in 2 weeks, then my first thought is, if this is how I much I gained in 2 weeks, how much would I weigh in 2 months? it's unthinkable, so lowered my calorie intake from 2,200 to 2,000 in attempt to avoid the unthinkable. But the yesterday night (I know night time weighing is very inaccurate), I had lost some weight, now I probably thinking 2,000 is too little AGGAIN! arrg that scale has got be packed up in the cupboard for a while.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options

True I need more patience, like I gained 5 pounds in 2 weeks, then my first thought is, if this is how I much I gained in 2 weeks, how much would I weigh in 2 months? it's unthinkable, so lowered my calorie intake from 2,200 to 2,000 in attempt to avoid the unthinkable. But the yesterday night (I know night time weighing is very inaccurate), I had lost some weight, now I probably thinking 2,000 is too little AGGAIN! arrg that scale has got be packed up in the cupboard for a while.

It's fluid fluctuations.

I can gain 5-6lb in the course of a single day. You need to run the same number for 2 weeks and weigh at the same time of day. It's the only way to smooth out fluid variations.

If you change your cal intake daily (or everytime you get an unfavourable reading from the scale) you'll never have any meaningful data to make the right decisions. Remember good decisions are based on solid data. Take the emotion out of it and make good decisions - you'll look and feel better for it in the long run.
  • Blokeypoo
    Blokeypoo Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Maintenance can be a real head messer - you have allow say a 5lb range to maintain as it is physically impossible to always be the same, too many factors influence it.

I have used my Fitbit for my yr of maintenance. It tells me what I have burned and therefore what I can eat cal wise and I eat it and have been in range of my goal without exception ever since. I eat less in week and more at w/e's and use trendweight to get an overview and reassure me that I'm staying on track.

I weigh daily but it's only wise if you can accept that the ups are just as likely to be false as the downs etc - it is the pattern which matters not the fine detail. Try trendweight. I think you can use it even if not got Fitbit Aria scales, you just enter wt manually I think. If not, there are other similar sites.