LOG SPLENDA??

Options
Hey if Splenda has 4 calories per packet, and I use like 12 or 17 a day (I drink a lot a lot a lot of coffee) Should i log it? Does anybody else log it?

Replies

• silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    there are some splendas that have calories and some that are zero calorie. go figure.

i would probably log it if you use that much ;)

then again, i have days when i log tic tacs, and days when i eat practically a whole pizza and decide that i'm too lazy to log.
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Why would you not log it? If you have 12 packs that is 48 cal. Does not sound much, but at the end of the day it adds to your daily calorie consumption.

I try and log everything that I put into my mouth as honestly as I can and I was surprised to find that an occassional cookie can have so many calories.

Stef.
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I sometimes use the splenda brown sugar in my oatmeal and I log it. I didn't always log my diet drinks (some actually have 5 cals) but I do now.
  • tectactoe
    tectactoe Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I was unaware of any Splenda that existed with calories, as I thought it was specifically labeled as a "no calorie sweetener".

If something has <5 calories & you have one, it's probably not necessary. But if you end up actually having many, then yes, you should log it.
  • toya1815
    toya1815 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My splenda says zero calories, but it does say carbs are <1g... so I would log it due to the probability of a large amount of carbs if you are using that much.
  • ball_FXDWG
    ball_FXDWG Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Maybe just log a certain about every day, if you know you have it everyday. Say 50 calories or whatever you think your average day is.
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Ya i didnt realize it had calories til someone posted about it yesterday.
  • huneydrop
    Options
    Seems lots of people didn't know about it..........interesting.

Splenda is not 0 calories/0 carbs, see my thread called "Splenda - not so innocent" from yesterday, it breaks it all down. No need to go past the first post though, the rest is pure high school drama.

Whether it matters to you or not is up to the individual. If it doesn't matter to you just keep on walkin'.