Intense Cravings

Options
I cant rest till I get that food(usually icecream:blushing: ) . Like literally I have to stop whatever im doing.
Ive tried putting it off,distaracting myself, waiting 15minutes e.t.c untill the craving dissapears but it never seems to work.

Does anyone else have the same problem/How do you deal with it?

Replies

• staceymichele1117
    Options
    I too have the same problem!! No willpower!:sad: :sad:
  • raeesa07
    Options
    Story of my life!:sad: :sad:
    & the worst thing is 'just a little bit' turns out to be the whole tub :indifferent:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    well..... right now I am having a intense craving for red wine.
    so I am about to open a bottle.
    I like to indulge
  • raeesa07
    Options
    A little never hurt anyone
  • staceymichele1117
    Options
    Believe me, I totally get it. I'm much better off not having any of what I want than just having a little. A little leads to a lot!
  • awebs89
    awebs89 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I get horrible cravings for hot cheetos mostly. I go all day thinking about them and I'll decide to buy a bag and only have a few then suddenly I've eaten the whole thing. What I do is I only buy them when I know my sister and fiance will be around (they both love them too). Then I'm sharing them with two other people instead of sitting alone eating all of them.

Maybe you can share a scoop of ice cream with a friend?
  • vsprocket04
    vsprocket04 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Same here :-(
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Believe me, I totally get it. I'm much better off not having any of what I want than just having a little. A little leads to a lot!

Same here.
  • embachner
    Options
    Whenever I have a crazy craving for something I try and eat a healthy replacement of that thing. Like when I really want chocolate I'll have a cup of hot chocolate or a piece of dark chocolate instead of a brownie. When I really want ice cream instead of breaking out the Ben and Jerrys I make myself frozen banana ice cream

1 frozen banana
    1 small scoop of peanut butter
    hot chocolate powder if you want it chocolatey

Wizz this up in a food processor and I swear you can hardly tell the difference between this and soft serve ice cream! And since its banana and peanut butter it really fills you up!
  • staceymichele1117
    Options
    I'm going to give this a try! Thank you!
  • smand2000
    Options
    Mixed fruit cups, and plain Greek yogurt with crushed almonds / pecans and some dark chocolate chips / nibs have gone a long way to satisfying (and eliminating) other cravings. Good luck ...
  • raeesa07
    Options
    I'll try these out.
    Thanks guys:smooched:
  • crystal075
    crystal075 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Whenever I have a crazy craving for something I try and eat a healthy replacement of that thing. Like when I really want chocolate I'll have a cup of hot chocolate or a piece of dark chocolate instead of a brownie. When I really want ice cream instead of breaking out the Ben and Jerrys I make myself frozen banana ice cream

1 frozen banana
    1 small scoop of peanut butter
    hot chocolate powder if you want it chocolatey

Wizz this up in a food processor and I swear you can hardly tell the difference between this and soft serve ice cream! And since its banana and peanut butter it really fills you up!

Thanks for this cool advice. I will definitely have this very shortly.
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I get cravings for chocolate. It's like I can't have one or two pieces, I just have to have at least half of the chocolate. So I'm avoiding to buy it... this way I'm not tempted