Just started & need a little something..

Options
Hello there, I've just downloaded this app as recommended by a friend and I'm pretty stoked at how easy it seems to keep control of what you are eating..
Only trouble is, I'm having trouble adjusting to 'gym' life and am unsure of what exercises really work for weight loss. I'm not a good runner, but can go for a while on the bike, if this gives you more of an idea about my fitness, if you can call it that.

I'd love to hear from others of their experiences and what kept driving you to your goals because right now, I cant see the end of mine. I'd also love to hear what food works for you guys and if you have any advise on low calorie, nice lunches/dinners :)

Many thanks!

Replies

• ricardoramnath
    Options
    What is the name of the app
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Personally, I love the elliptical and think it's great for weight loss, but not necessarily overall fitness.
  • BreAnn267
    Options
    I don't like going to the gym, so I do my workouts at home. I really enjoy yoga and we like go bike riding around our neighborhood when the weather is warm. I just ordered an elliptical today so I will start doing that as well. I will do sprints up and down our hallway and dance with my kids. Whatever I can do.

As for food, I have been getting a lot of recipes off of www.cookinglight.com.

The one thing that is keeping me going......is me. As a mom I do everything for everyone else but I've never taken much time for me. This is for me.
  • julesassid
    Options
    Look into High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) for your cardio. Basically, do 1 minute hard, 1-2 minutes light, and keep repeating. You can do that on any cardio equipment you want to use. You can find ideas by googeling HIIT. Another thing to look into is Tabata.
  • oceanbreeze27
    oceanbreeze27 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    When I went to the gym, I preferred the elliptical trainer. I don't feel comfortable in a gym setting so I workout at home. I do research on different programs and then purchase the best version I can afford. I've had great results with all the at-home programs I've used (though I've stuck pretty exclusively to Turbo products). You have a niche just waiting for you to find it! Keep trying different things and eventually you'll find your soul-mate workout.
  • CodeMonkey78
    CodeMonkey78 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Any additional activity will work to get started provided that you are creating a calorie deficit. For example, after my second back surgery, I had to start with re-learning to walk, then walking longer distances, graduated to a recumbent bike, then to the elliptical machine, then to running. Just progressive steps and try to make the following day more productive than the previous day.

I would also recommend body-weight exercises and HIIT training to get you started as well..

Good luck, OP!