I feel horrible!!!

Options

Replies

• caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    You body is having a temper fit! It WANTS that salty-sugary-fat bomb NOW! Don't put up with it. You will feel better soon. You may not be eating enough. I would also add lots of veggies like bitter greens, kale, turnip greens, etc. onions, mushrooms, beans, berries and seeds to get a rainbow of nutrients.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    You are just going through withdrawal. It'll go away soon. In the meantime, hang in there!
  • Taz4lmv
    Options
    Hi - you stopped everything to fast. You should have cut back on ALL the bad stuff not, completely stopped it all at once. You need to give your body time to adjust.
  • apercanis
    Options
    If you want to make the process less taxing then I'd recommended transitioning yourself from junk food to healthier food. If you've previously just eaten junk and fast food as your main source of nutrition then you're body isn't gonna respond well to the spontaneous change.
  • jkregers
    Options
    You're fine stopping everything all at once, you will just feel like crap. It's not like you are stopping a prescription anxiolytic and are going to bust out into grand mal seizures. There's probably going to be some trouble as your neurotransmitters adjust. Eventually, you will feel like crap when you eat bad food.
  • stormyxpony
    stormyxpony Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    dont drink 2% milk do fat free or skim milk. 1200 is too low.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    dont drink 2% milk do fat free or skim milk.

Yuk. Why?
  • TheNoLeafClover
    TheNoLeafClover Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    You feel horrible because you've made some rather drastic and sudden changes to your diet, with the goal to lose weight as quickly as possible. That doesn't strike me as healthy or sustainable. If you want to lose weight and keep it off, you're more likely to see long-term success by eating at a reasonable calorie deficit and making small changes to your diet over time. By learning moderation, you can include more nutrient dense food into your diet and still consume the things you enjoy. And by losing at a slower pace, you will retain more muscle mass in the process.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    You don't have to give up all the foods you love to lose weight and feel better. Just eat them in moderation, and fit them into your calorie goals. You can have soda. You can have pizza. Don't turn weight loss into torture.
  • insane5150
    insane5150 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You are eating 1200 calories, do you workout as well?

Maybe you aren't eating enough?
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you need a cheeseburger. I'd have a cheeseburger, then seriously reevaluate your approach here. First off, it's not a race, so up your calories a bit, second of all, and more importantly, don't cut out swaths of food you previously enjoyed, it's just not sustainable. Eat all the foods, just cut down the portions.

Rigger
  • LexiMelo
    LexiMelo Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    dont drink 2% milk do fat free or skim milk.

Yuk. Why?

Agree - why would you want to drink skim milk? Yes it has less calories but they add sugar to it and it tastes gross!

Love, an avid 2% milk drinker. :flowerforyou:
  • Momto4minions
    Momto4minions Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You are in the middle of carb flu and caffeine withdraw. One of those is horrible alone. Both at the same time, you will feel like death. Add some carbs to your food. Add some multi grain crakers to lunch. Add a baked potato or sweet potato. Drink tea or coffee to help with the soda withdraw.

It takes about two full weeks to get over this. Think of it though, you were addicted, like heroin( exaggeration) Your body is freaking out! Thinking of it this way may keep you off if it and from going back. Lol
  • daniellerigsby9
    Options
    This is just my fourth day trying to eat better and lose weight and I feel HORRIBLE!! I have stopped drinking soda, stopped fast food, and have started counting calories and trying to eat better. I thought that I would feel better after stopping the bad stuff but I don't! I am so tired of being fat and miserable and I don't want to give up but its hard to stay positive when you feel so bad.
    Describe "trying to eat better".... :tongue:

Seriously though - what is your calorie goal and are you meeting it? What sorts of foods are you eating now? Are you drinking plenty of water?

Typical day before: Breakfast #1 - honeybun (pure laziness)
    Breakfast #2- left over slice of pizza
    lunch- lean cuisine
    snack- varied nothing healthy though
    dinner- spaghetti w/ 1 slice of garlic bread
    snack before bed- something else unhealthy
    I didn't eat a lot just really bad choices.

So far since I have tried eating better I will have: Breakfast #1- lite peaches w/ low fat cottage cheese
    Breakfast #2 2 pieces of turkey bacon, 1 slice of wheat toast , and 1 serving of t egg beaters
    snack- vanilla greek yogurt
    lunch- 2 grilled chicken strips, carrots, broccoli
    dinner- grilled chicken, veggies
    snack- special k cereal w/2 % milk
    and I drink water all day. Around 6-8 glasses a day. I am trying to eat around 1200 calories a day.

Why 1200?

And, it's day four. You need to give it more time.

I am eating 1200 because that is what MFP and other sites say I need to eat to lose 2 pounds a week. I really want to lose the weight as fast as possible.

Losing it as fast as possible hasn't been sustainable for you thus far, though.

How much do you have to lose? How tall are you?

I haven't really tried my hardest and gave it my all thus far. I have 80 pounds to hit my first goal and feel good about myself and about 95 to be where really want to be. I am 5'4
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Caffeine withdrawal is awful. I didn't look at your diary, but unless you specifically want to be off caffeine, drinking coffee to ease getting off the soda would help. (I've had people tell me to try green tea, but that was the first or second day I tried to go off coffee and so I was legally allowed to kill them.)
  • baptistforlife
    Options
    I understand completly and if you slip up just don't give up keep working out and eating right!!!! You are detoxing and also not able to turn to the "normal food" that makes you feel good. When you start seeing how you feel working out and after a week or two of seeing how you can make better choices I promise you will feel amazing!!! Keep going and if you would like add me as a friend I would love to support you!!! You can do it :)
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    As everyone said, you're going through withdrawals. If you're really feeling that bad, then get some simple carbs in you. Crackers, or some toast, etc. Also, try eating a little more. I understand the wanting to lose it fast as you can but remember 1 simple thing, you didn't put it on quickly, you're not going to take it off quickly.

This is a process on many levels. Another reason it doesn't happen quickly is because you have a lot of learning to do. You need to learn to eat correctly. That means in the proper portions. You need to learn to move more. Maybe not for weight loss but for overall health. Although honestly, the moving more does help with weight loss too. You need to learn to not rely on the "diet foods" but know how to do this regardless of the food. And you have to learn how to forgive yourself (because honestly you're going to hit some bumps along the way on this journey).

I subscribe to the 80/20 rule which is eat good (ie nutritious, not high in sugar unless it's natural sugar, lower sodium, lean protein, you get it) 80% of the time and 20% of the time it's not so good (chocolate, fast food, processed sugar, etc). This might be a better way of doing things for you. Especially given your former way of eating. This doesn't have to be all or nothing thinking.

I also suggest start finding exercises that you enjoy doing. One thing for me (except finding it for free or reasonable is difficult) is belly dance. It's a great workout especially for your core and it's fun. I've also found that I enjoy the weights at the gym. I still let life get in the way too often and forget how much I enjoy it but I do enjoy it. There are a ton of online videos for many things so you can find those and try them at home. Cassie Ho and Blogiates are mentioned a lot.

And with the amount of weight you're looking to lose, you can probably bump your water up to 10 glasses daily maybe even more. Yes, you can drink too much water but it really takes a lot to be too much. Drinking up to 1 gallon daily won't hurt you and you're only getting about 1/2 of that. Remember your body is actually mostly water so water helps it "run" correctly. A lot of people I know can drink unsweetened tea, sugar-free (often diet) soda, unsweetened coffee or flavored water and get the benefits of water. For me I need to drink plain water to have it give me the benefits of water. I do still have my Coke Zero daily too but that's really dropped off from what I used to consume.

You can do this! It's just a little tough at the beginning!
  • slmckenzie
    slmckenzie Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just doing some math in my head right now:

You're 5'4" tall. Going by your username, I assume you are a female. You stated that you want to lose a total weight of 95 lbs to be where you really want to be when it's all said and done. Going to this site and putting in your information:

https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/obesity/BMI/bmicalc.htm

It tells me that your weight should be around 125 lbs, to put you smack in the middle of "Normal Weight", with a 21.5 BMI. Now, assuming 125 lbs is your goal weight, and you're wanting to lose a total of 95 lbs, then that would mean that you currently weigh around 220 lbs. Going here:

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

I put in your height, weight, and assume an age of 25 (for a slightly higher BMR), and I get your BMR of 1795.3. Going to this page:

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/harris-benedict-equation/

I will assume that you are lightly active (most people can at least fall into that category). This means I take your BMR of 1795.3 and multiply it by 1.375, to get your daily calorie needs of 2,469 calories. There's our baseline.

Assuming you want to lose 2lbs a week, and you currently weigh 220 lbs, you would want a total caloric deficit of 1,000 calories per day (3,500 calories per lb). That would put you at needing to consume around 1,469 calories per day. It may only seem like 269 calories is a small number, but that number can make a HUGE difference in your overall feeling of health and energy.

I would totally bump up your calories a few hundred more. It may seem counterproductive, but it'll not only make you feel better in the long run, it'll also help your body to stay out of going into "starvation mode" and shutting down, effectively killing your metabolism and making you feel like crud.
  • WyeGuy
    WyeGuy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    New to the site, so I'm no expert. But I've been researching how to change bad habits for a project at work. And one common thing I'm seeing a lot is not to try to change more than one habit at a time.

Maybe you could give yourself the time to only get off soda, for example. After you've tackled that, move on to healthy snacks, or something. Give yourself whatever time it takes to break each habit. You'll have a much better chance of long term, meaningful progress. And you won't feel so yucky for taking on so much at once.

My thought is, I didn't get this way overnight. Just one pound a week would be 52 in just a year. That'd be huge progress for someone like me,/ who needs to lose that much and more.

Hang in there. I hope you feel better soon. And don't forget to give yourself credit for at least trying.
  • Arranna1212
    Arranna1212 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Just doing some math in my head right now:

You're 5'4" tall. Going by your username, I assume you are a female. You stated that you want to lose a total weight of 95 lbs to be where you really want to be when it's all said and done. Going to this site and putting in your information:

https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/obesity/BMI/bmicalc.htm

It tells me that your weight should be around 125 lbs, to put you smack in the middle of "Normal Weight", with a 21.5 BMI. Now, assuming 125 lbs is your goal weight, and you're wanting to lose a total of 95 lbs, then that would mean that you currently weigh around 220 lbs. Going here:

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

I put in your height, weight, and assume an age of 25 (for a slightly higher BMR), and I get your BMR of 1795.3. Going to this page:

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/harris-benedict-equation/

I will assume that you are lightly active (most people can at least fall into that category). This means I take your BMR of 1795.3 and multiply it by 1.375, to get your daily calorie needs of 2,469 calories. There's our baseline.

Assuming you want to lose 2lbs a week, and you currently weigh 220 lbs, you would want a total caloric deficit of 1,000 calories per day (3,500 calories per lb). That would put you at needing to consume around 1,469 calories per day. It may only seem like 269 calories is a small number, but that number can make a HUGE difference in your overall feeling of health and energy.

I would totally bump up your calories a few hundred more. It may seem counterproductive, but it'll not only make you feel better in the long run, it'll also help your body to stay out of going into "starvation mode" and shutting down, effectively killing your metabolism and making you feel like crud.

^^ Listen to this guy.