Friends training for sports? High protein eaters?

Options
chelso0o
chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
Are any of you training for a specific sport? Bodybuilding? Rowing? Cycling? Anything, really!

Looking for friends with open diaries so I can get high protein meal ideas and just generally provide support for each other.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'm training for a 1/2 century in early May and a metric century in late May. I am currently tracking as I am also on a small cut (been maintaining for 9 months) to drop a few BF points and a little weight to make my rides easier...I could probably wing it at this point, but I want to make sure I'm hitting my nutrients and calories for as much time as I'm spending on the bike and in the weight room right now.

My diary is open...I use the TDEE method so I don't log and eat back exercise calories and my calorie goal is my absolute minimum given my training...for most, it is a ceiling so don't be surprised when I'm over...it's all good.
  • chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I've been on a high protein diet plan for a while. Buddy up and feel free to check out my diary any time! Just not today. My macros are all jacked LOL.

Allan
  • Deestrong68
    Deestrong68 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    On a High Protein Low Fat Diet. Training for Riding a Century.

Have a Open Diary and I log every day. Feel Free to add me.
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I am a runner. I guess it depends what you consider high protein. I aim for 100g a day. I have an open diary and log about 80% of the time. I am also a TDEE eater so I am a consistent 1800-1900 cals per day.
  • bunya2014
    bunya2014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am not training for anything I swim most days an hour a day worked up to 75, then 90 now swimming 2 hours I keep my heart rate at. 80%. I decided to go high protein low fat. I am takin spirulina supplement capsules and dry egg white protein powder mixed with nonfat lactaid. I noticed I was able to swim longer and harder and not feel so hungry also I have to drink tons of water and coconut water to replace electrolytes. I like sweet potato with 100% pure maple syrup to avoid butter and they are delicious my son loves them. Sweet potatoes have a good amount of protein and good carbs for working out. You need essential fatty acids. Udo's oil 3-6-9 blend rocks. You don't want to eliminate the good fat. Kashi go lean, oatmeal, quinoa, I use virgin coconut oil in place of butter it is delicious and provides energy. Cook skinless chicken breast in coconut oil if u want a butter substitute. Learn about coconut oil. Salmon wrapped in a foil pouch with lemon and dill and baked with capers if you like them. Ricotta cheese if u need cheese is about the best. I have always cared about nutrition but I got in an emotional rut. Now working on mastering my diet. Also kefir a lowfat yogurt drink at Walmart. I think it has 18 grams of protein. If you cut back on your animal fats this is a great way to add protein and my fat intake didn't make much of a hit. I was very low fat wise. Also Japanese soba a buckwheat noodle is amazing with soy sauce or the right sauce is soup base but I use soy sause it is very much the same. Put green onion and wasabi with pickled ginger on th side. Whole wheat noodles are good too for protein and iron. I think wheat germ is very good for iron and protein. It is delicious and my son loves it on Ice cream or good frozen nonfat yogurt like they sell at Costco food court if u want a treat too.
  • Nuccia2012
    Nuccia2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am a runner and I aim for about 180 grams of protein/day. My diary is open to friends, and I also follow the TDEE method...1800-2000 calories/day, depending on the intensity of my workout.