student looking advice/support to overcome binge eating

Options
Hi there,

I have binging episodes that impact my whole day and the following day to the point where I don't want to leave the house. I've always had an awkward relationship with food...I was able to eat healthy with few binges for a couples of years and lost 50lbs just from cutting out processed junk and portion control (I had a small dessert 2-3 times per week). I weighed 140 then and now I'm back up to 160lbs and I feel like i'm spiraling out of control. My clothes are starting not to fit and I really don't want to buy bigger clothes.

I do it to help with anxiety and comfort my depression...it's always "i'll start fresh tomorrow...." to give myself permission to eat until i'm sick. Everytime, everyday lately, I lay there feeling miserable and guilty...and behind in school work because I feel so awful I won't do my work.I'll miss class. Miss appointments. flake out of social events. all to eat massive amounts of sugar and then sleep in my dark dorm room. how depressing is that? I just want to be happy and healthy and get back down to a healthy weight!

Support please...what are the thoughts in your head before you binge? What do you think triggers it? Have you ever been to an OE anonymous group?

Replies

• jbeanv
    jbeanv Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you're going through this but you're definitely not alone. Try not to dwell on what's already done, the only thing you can affect is the future. I don't have experience with OE but it could be a step in the right direction for you. Good luck.
  • joshlawrence737
    Options
    I'm with you 100%. I hate the school that I'm attending and so I eat copious amounts of **** at night to make myself feel better. Lets hold eachother accountable? I could use more friends on myfitnesspal to help me keep my food in check, and I think it would help you as well.
  • cupoftea_
    Options
    Definitely! Thanks Josh
  • cupoftea_
    Options
    I'm so sorry you're going through this but you're definitely not alone. Try not to dwell on what's already done, the only thing you can affect is the future. I don't have experience with OE but it could be a step in the right direction for you. Good luck.

Reading this site is comforting because I see other people going through the same issues and overcoming them.
    Thanks for your comment:)