Any tall women out there?

Options

Replies

• SkyHighMama
    SkyHighMama Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10". I started at 268 and was a 22W. Now I'm 199 and a 14. My goal is 150 and a 10. It all depends what kind of frame you have. Do the wrist test. Make a ring around your wrist with your middle finger and your thumb. If your thumb and finger don't touch or barely touch you have a big frame, if they slightly overlap you have a medium frame, if they overlap a lot you have a small frame. Gives you a better idea of where your goal should be within the healthy range for your height.
  • bryterlayter
    bryterlayter Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Mah! I've been on and off this site for years and never posted photos before, but here goes... I'm 5.11, I still (obviously) have a while to go. I started at 254 and am now down to 196. At the moment I'm aiming to get into the healthy weight category (something I've never been in as an adult) and then I'll reassess. It's been such a slow process for me and as you ladies know being tall makes it seem even slower. Sorry I know the photos are a bit crap, but I don't have a full length mirror so I'm working with what I've got.

I know it's not the most drastic change, but I feel like losing those (almost) 60 pounds has changed my life already. Well done to all of you tall ladies you look incredible, thanks so much for keeping me motivated. Good luck to everyone starting out too x

e5394117-f7ec-4f44-ab3e-1cf93f77a9fc_zpsf8702a33.jpg
  • wildrose957498
    wildrose957498 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    wow what is yr secret?? add me if u would like
  • simplyshannal
    simplyshannal Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hey there fellow tall ladies!

It seems so hard to find women who are tall and in the same boat as you! It is great to see so many on here. I am 5'11" and currently weigh 319, size 22 pants and just started heavy lifting with my trainer. The smallest I have ever been is 167 and that was when I played volleyball in college. I wore a size 6 at that time and am working desperately to find my way back. Everyone is more than welcome to add me, I love making new friends!!!
  • toya1815
    toya1815 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Im 5'10
    SW: 283 (size tight 18) 7/26/13
    CW:192 (size loose 12) Today
    GW:175 (hoping for a 8) Soon hopefully!!!

Good Luck Ladies!
  • Disneyfan856
    Disneyfan856 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"10 and weigh 223 lbs. I wear a size 20. I was "blessed" with huge hips. I wore a size 12 when I was at my lowest of around 155.
  • kimstwin
    kimstwin Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10". I started at 318lbs and a size 24W. I'm down to 214.5 lbs and wearing a 16. I'd like to lose about 35-40 more pounds. It has taken me nearly 3 years to get this far.
  • NakedKristy
    Options
    I'm 5'10". I wore a size 8/10 most of my adult life, fluctuating between 147 and 150 lbs. I've slowly gained weight over the last 7 years and hit 199 last fall. I'm currently 186 lbs and a size 14/16 for pants (most of my excess fat is in my torso) and an XL top to accomodate my busty bosom. I am aiming for 150-155 lbs and a size 10.
  • Vicxie86
    Vicxie86 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'2.5 and i started at 235 after losing about 10lbs on some weight loss pills. I was a size 18 bottom and 14-16 top (u.k). I am now at 209lbs, size 16 bottom but still wear my 18 as i am not ready to go shopping for new clothes and still wearing the same top, i'm not sure if i can fit into anything smaller as i haven't tried. I used to have to buy a size 18 dress if it had a zip because i just couldn't get the zip up otherwise and get a size 18 jacket/coat as my boobs obstructed anymore buttons from being closed once i got to that area. I bought a size 16 dress recently that has a zip at the back and it fitted like a glove, even with a little gap around with arm area, well pleased with that. My goal weight right now is 187lbs, to get to a size 14 jeans and a solid 14 top/dress.
  • karendirwin
    Options
    6 ft. And currently 185. I wear a 14. My smallest ever was 165 and I looked gaunt and people started asking me if I need a sandwich. I wore a 10. It doesn't help that the magic fat weight in Hollywood is 160. But the only size 8 I have ever worn was from a tall girl store and I think it was downsized. That was at 165.
  • RachelSteeners
    RachelSteeners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hi tall girls!! I'm 5 11" and started at 262lbs, size 18 pants, xl shirt. I'm now 216lbs and a loose 14 pants and large top.

Anyone on here can feel free to add me. I'd love to have some tall MFP friends :flowerforyou:
  • Beautifulbridgittlee7
    Beautifulbridgittlee7 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 ft and a half and around 145, I wear size, 4,6.8 and a lot of mediums, but not x l.
  • dawnsjourney
    dawnsjourney Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1" now....started this journey at a flat 6 foot. Gained an inch when Iost a 100. LOL I started in a 36 womans....now I'm in a 22-24...my goal is a 14 ish. Just keep moving. That is my theory. I'll end up where I end up. As long as I can wear cute clothes and be healthy then I guess I win. :)

Walk Strong!
  • acole5690
    acole5690 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and I started at 205. I managed to lose about 15lbs weighing now 189. I wear a 14 now, and mostly larges in tops because my arms are slightly big in my opinion. But sometimes it just varies in the clothes because of the material or something
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 1.75 and my heaviest was 285.

Current pants size is 22. Apparently everything goes to my *ss.
    Bra is 42B :frown: and shirts is XL all the time.
    Shoe size, 10 or 40... can't find good things! :sad:
  • Becksga
    Becksga Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am 5’9” and 39. Started around 220 at size 16 pushing very close to having to jump up to an 18 which is what set this adventure in motion. I am now at 193 and wear size 12. The smallest I have ever been was a 6/8 and I was around 160ish at the time. I am very solid/muscular and will probably always be on the higher side of the weight chart so my goal is more size (and building muscle) focused than weight focused.

Congrats to everyone on their achievements!!!!
  • zaina510
    zaina510 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10

SW: 178
    CW: 148
    GW: 145

I never felt fat at 178 but do feel much better at 148. I was wearing Size 12 pants - I haven't gone pants shopping since the weight loss - going this weekend so I will update you! I did buy a dress last week and that was size 4. Losing 30 pounds on a taller person can have quite a bit of difference in sizes. Hopefully size 6 pants will fit well length wise!! :tongue:
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Here's one:

tall+woman.jpg
  • in4nomz
    in4nomz Posts: 230
    Options
    *peeks head in* Yoooohoooooo!

Currently 5'11 and 160 lbs wearing a 9 (sometimes 7) in "juniors" cause I'm not ready to move to the misses jeans section yet. Started after I had muh baby and I refused to look at the scale, but I'd guess I was at about 210ish....still working on dropping lbs though hoping to get in the 150-155 range. I need to learn how to post pictures.
  • MrsSchimmy
    MrsSchimmy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    *peeks head in* Yoooohoooooo!

Currently 5'11 and 160 lbs wearing a 9 (sometimes 7) in "juniors" cause I'm not ready to move to the misses jeans section yet. Started after I had muh baby and I refused to look at the scale, but I'd guess I was at about 210ish....still working on dropping lbs though hoping to get in the 150-155 range. I need to learn how to post pictures.

I'm totally with you on still shopping in the juniors section!! Except I might have to give in soon because my *kitten* just doesn't fit in those curve-less jeans.

Hey all!! 5'9" here! Heaviest was after delivering my 2nd baby at 195 lbs. I was about a size 16 then. I got down to 155 before getting pregnant with my 3rd. I then delivered him at 187 and got down to 145 (loose size 7) within 5 months. I found weight training and now hover in the 150s. I'm currently at 157 and a size 9. Except I have a pair of work capris that are misses and they are size 6 and fit PERFECTLY. I'm trying to get back down to my race weight (I run) around 150 and expect to be a size 4.

Am I the only tall girl that has good size thighs that has a hard time finding pants (ANY KIND) that fit the thighs AND the waist? Cuz you know, I sure can't find them!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!