pics add pounds

Options
Is it just me or do you think pics actually make you look bigger. I look in the mirror and think ,not bad, then i take pics for reference and i look terrible. Is it my imagination, is it my camera, mirrors, delusional false hopes,what gives.

Replies

• uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Yeah pics ad at least 5,000 pounds. Damn you, Obama!
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options

:yawn: :yawn:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I agree.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I find this too. Maybe we think we look better than we really are. :sad:
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    yeah, my pics disappoint me. :( I think I'll wait for some more pounds to drop...
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    When I go cloths shopping if I really like it in the mirror I take a picture in the mirror and if it still looks good I buy it . Lol usually it doesn't look as good in a picture?
  • Empty_Calories
    Empty_Calories Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Is it just me or do you think pics actually make you look bigger. I look in the mirror and think ,not bad, then i take pics for reference and i look terrible. Is it my imagination, is it my camera, mirrors, delusional false hopes,what gives.

Honestly, for me, I think I have the opposite of negative body issues. I look in the mirror and think "eh, not bad" and then I see a picture of what I really look like and... well here I am, trying to lose weight. Personally, there's a real disconnect between what I see and reality. I wish I could blame my camera but it's all of them.
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options

That guy ruins everything
  • singledj
    singledj Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    When I go cloths shopping if I really like it in the mirror I take a picture in the mirror and if it still looks good I buy it . Lol usually it doesn't look as good in a picture?

^^ This is a great idea!!!
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Opposite for me. I see pics of myself (now) and I'm like "whoa...that's ME"! I don't realize how much I've lost and that I'm not still hugely overweight! I love pics.....now.
  • phantomjam
    phantomjam Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yes, photos do lie. There is some distortion depending on the lens used, zoom, the angle of the photograph and even patterns on clothing. If you look about the web I'm sure you can find articles on how to pose or if you are the photographer how to frame so that the subject looks better.
  • margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Yes, photos do lie. There is some distortion depending on the lens used, zoom, the angle of the photograph and even patterns on clothing. If you look about the web I'm sure you can find articles on how to pose or if you are the photographer how to frame so that the subject looks better.
    Thank you, i swear i look thinner in the pics from my daughters camera than mine. Also maybe i shouldnt look at pics with my 2.50 reader glasses on :)
  • thatpixichick
    thatpixichick Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Might sound weird but try videoing yourself! Move around a bit as you would naturally, get all angles. It sounds odd but it is a great way to see how your body truly looks, without posing or clever/unflattering angles or anything else!