PCOS Sisters

Options
I'm new on here and would really like friends who have PCOS to help cheer me along (and me them).

Replies

• Radsim
    Options
    Hi I'm new as well. I was diagnose with PCOS 10 years ago. I was told that I needed to loose weight and I did, but when my condition did not improve I got discouraged and went back to where I once was, which is 30 pounds overweight.

I have now decided to give it another try, especially now that my eyes have been open to the many information and support groups available. I intend to win this time. We will overcome this condition.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Try this board: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3070-p-c-o-sis

great info and help for pcos and all the 'joy' that comes with it. You can lose weight and be healthier it is often just takes a little different path than others can take.

Welcome to mfp!
  • sann112
    Options
    Hello PCOS Sisters, I have had PCOS since 09', been struggling with my weight over the last five years or so. Per doctor the weight must come off! to help elevate the issues with my cycles and hormone imbalance. I open to any tips on healthy foods, and snacks that have been helping you get rid of the mid section, or any pounds or inches. Thanks! WE CAN DO IT!!!
    Also what exercises you may use, and how may times a week do you exercise?
    Thanks!
  • princesslucylou86
    Options
    ME ME! Glad others are on here trying to do their best...! add me guys :) xx
  • BrittBrat1787
    BrittBrat1787 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp! I have PCOS as well and its been a struggle. Feel free to add!
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Another sista checking in
  • Hello All,

I am new to the discussion board! I'm 30 years old and was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 25. I opted to go on birth control to help regulate my cycle. I've always struggled with my weight, fluctuating up and down since I've been out of high school. I never did much research on PCOS when I first got diagnosed, I was just worried about weather or not I would be able to have kids. I was told that as long as I do the treatments, I wouldn't have any issues later on when I wanted to start a family. I was told to lose some weight and that was about it.

Throughout the years, I went off and on healthy eating kicks and working out kicks, always failing and then going back to eating really crappy. Now that I'm older, I don't want to be on birth control anymore, I want a family within the next few years. I realized I was so lost at trying to figure out what my next steps were! I just feel like it was never explained to me fully, just the symptoms that were occuring with me, what could happen if I didn't get it into check and that was that.

This past week I took the initiative to contact a nutritionist, because I can't do this on my own. I am very satisfied with our first consultation and it gave me confidence and hope. I must also add, that I am an addict in recovery who's addiction manifested through binge eating recently. It's been an overwhelming roller coaster the past 4 months. I found some articles that discuss links between PCOS and eating disorders. Has anybody else had this experience??
    I started going to Overeaters Anonymous in December and started working my recovery in my eating habits, and it's helping, however, learning all the nutritional breakdown of things is really challenging.
    My nutritionist has me on a 1500 calorie a day diet, focusing on taking in no more than 165 carbs. I just started my lifestyle change with the eating this week all over again, sticking mostly to colorful veggies, and lean proteins. I forgot to add, my nutritionist asked me to start working out twice a day as well, just little 15minute walks/runs starting out.

What is everyone else eating, and what's everyone else doing for a workout??
  • ggalela13
    Options
    hello diagnosed officially when I was 21. Now 27 and put on Metformin 500mg once a day. I'm trying to get pregnant so need to lose weight.
  • Courtney4805
    Courtney4805 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I was diagnosed when I was 23. I'll be 30 this year and I'm ready to get this under control!! Feel free to add me!
  • KlownyKritter618
    Options
    I'm living with PCOS too! I'm gonna kick it's butt too. It can't take me down!! Woo!!!
  • Jelise24
    Jelise24 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I also have PCOS and would love to have some fellow cysters as friends. All are welcome to add me :smile:
  • kmoniquepcos
    Options
    Hello ladies!! I was diagnosed in 2005 as a teen and never really thought much about it. I thought it was a blessing in disguise due to the lack of a regular cycle lol but I am a wife and would love to one day become a mommy! I've done some research about PCOS and I understand now the only way to fight it is with a healthy lifestyle! I would certainly appreciate any recipes, exercise regimens, and what ever else type of advice you lovely ladies are willing to offer! Feel free to add me I am completely new to MFP :)
  • kittee83
    kittee83 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm been suffering with PCOS since my teenage years (2000-), and I went cold turkey on my medication two months ago, so been nervous to go back to my doctor. But, again, it was all about "lose weight, and your PCOS will be much better", so I'm doing that anyways. I've lost 50lbs since May 2013, and would love to make some friends that understand the issues of PCOS. My problems are mainly facial hair and some bits on body parts (has gotten much better in years), and sugar/chocolate cravings (not so easy to get a handle on). Add me! <3 p.s. LOVE Nutella! :P
  • caterpillargirll
    Options
    hiya im new and have PCOS too. I mostly had weight under control til I had my two children (3 and 1 years) and then with thyroid troubles thrown in im finding it very hard to shift the weight but im determined to do it, but also I want to get fit so I can keep up with the boys -im 42 so its a bit hard sometimes :-) feel free to add me :-)
  • xDramaQueen995x
    xDramaQueen995x Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS too! It's a horrible condition. I do hope as I lose weight, it'll improve. Ive heard that before. Im only 18 years old and have had this since I was 13. Not a nice thing in your teens especially. x
  • Cath_Taylor
    Cath_Taylor Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    PCOS here too. I'm 43, was diagnosed at around 25/26 I think (can't remember!). One thing that aggravates me about it is how much harder we have to work for weight loss. It's almost like our bodies sabotage us!
  • Digby170
    Options
    I haven't had a formal PCOS diagnosis yet, but I have a lot of the typical symptoms and I'm waiting for an appointment at the hospital for an internal scan. From everything I've read on the subject, I'm pretty sure I have it, but I won't know for sure until I see a doctor. I've added you anyway, if that's ok.
  • victoria863
    victoria863 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been here a couple of weeks. Also got PCOS, hoping weight loss will ease symptoms......and trying not to get discouraged as its well documented that its harder to fight flab with PCOS. x
  • suerun11
    suerun11 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hey Sisters, Glad we have one another!