I binged last night

Options
In the past I would have freaked out, been depressed for days and hated myself. But I know it wont happen again. I wrote down why I binged, and today I'm starting fresh. I'm only human, and I need to forgive myself when I slip. I'm so proud of myself for forgiving myself:bigsmile:

Replies

• hindustani24
    hindustani24 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If you are your profile pic then you should binge more often :smile:
  • WhisperAnne
    Options
    If you are your profile pic then you should binge more often :smile:

is that a insult or compliment? :laugh:
  • webbo20
    webbo20 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Sounds alittle like an eating disorder may be upon you ? Maybe you should see a doctor or dietician
  • WhisperAnne
    Options
    Sounds alittle like an eating disorder may be upon you ? Maybe you should see a doctor or dietician

I'm seeing a professional in April.
  • WhisperAnne
    Options

And yes, I most likely do have some sort of eating disorder. Hopefully therapy helps me.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    In the past I would have freaked out, been depressed for days and hated myself. But I know it happen again, and that's ok. I wrote down why I binged, and today I'm starting fresh. I'm only human, and I need to forgive myself when I slip. I'm so proud of myself for forgiving myself:bigsmile:

Fixed it for you.
  • celesteoglesby
    Options
    I binged last night too and I am feeling so awful about it. I wish I could get it together. But as you said today is another day. Thanks for sharing so honestly.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    WTF? Why is everyone picking on this post?!?!?

OP, you look beautiful in your profile pic and congrats on your success so far, and for having the good sense to forgive yourself for a slip up. Good luck with your future goals.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I binged last night too and I am feeling so awful about it. I wish I could get it together. But as you said today is another day. Thanks for sharing so honestly.

It's good to learn from things like these, but dwelling on it won't make it go away. It's what you do today that matter now. Make today great.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Well, good for you on so many levels. It looks like you are doing what you need to do, great job. Hopefully April comes quickly, and keep writing your feelings down whether you binge or not.
  • WhisperAnne
    Options
    thank you for the positive comments :flowerforyou:
  • WhisperAnne
    Options
    In the past I would have freaked out, been depressed for days and hated myself. But I know it happen again, and that's ok. I wrote down why I binged, and today I'm starting fresh. I'm only human, and I need to forgive myself when I slip. I'm so proud of myself for forgiving myself:bigsmile:

Fixed it for you.

As for you, if picking on someone makes you feel better go for it. I wish you the best.
  • niniagrn
    niniagrn Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I totally agree!!! I use to beat myself up really bad. Now I know this is a lifestyle change, I will mess up but I will not give up on my lifestyle change. Matter of fact, I've messed up the pass 6 days and I told myself, "okay, you've had your fun...enough." Thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Good for you! That's a hard lesson to learn and I'm glad you forgave yourself. No such thing as perfection! I overdid it last night as well and while I'm irritated with myself I know that today is a new day and I can make better choices for myself. I'm also glad you're going to have some counseling. Never a bad thing!! :)
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    In the past I would have freaked out, been depressed for days and hated myself. But I know it wont happen again. I wrote down why I binged, and today I'm starting fresh. I'm only human, and I need to forgive myself when I slip. I'm so proud of myself for forgiving myself:bigsmile:

Good for you! I still make slip ups sometimes! Sometimes I need a break or I'm feeling a bit down so feel the need to eat something sweet. One slip up every now and again isn't going to set anyone back a week and I'd rather feel like it's an option for me to go and eat something and not want to than feel like I can't eat something. It's really unhealthy to be scared of food. So well done you :)
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

Fixed it for you.

As for you, if picking on someone makes you feel better go for it. I wish you the best.

Actually, I don't think he was picking on you... he was pointing out that it's not likely the last time you'll ever binge, and that's OK... you can always forgive yourself.

You've come a LONG way in 3 years, and you should be very proud of yourself. To recognize that you're on the verge of an ED and to seek treatment, before it takes over, is admirable. Figuring out how to maintain what you've worked so hard to accomplish seems like a very smart thing to do.
  • gkauf744
    gkauf744 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Me too. I binged, but I think my idea of a binge has changed. Because I seriously think that my "binge" now has way less calories than my binges before I began logging on MFP. Just because mostly I only have healthy, low calorie foods in the house to binge on. Anyway, today's a new day!
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Slips happen. It's good that you're not dwelling on it and letting it derail you. When it happens to me, I just try to start fresh the next day. I can't go back and undo the binge, so I can only move ahead and work to do better.
  • WhisperAnne
    Options

Fixed it for you.

Actually, I don't think he was picking on you... he was pointing out that it's not likely the last time you'll ever binge, and that's OK... you can always forgive yourself.

You've come a LONG way in 3 years, and you should be very proud of yourself. To recognize that you're on the verge of an ED and to seek treatment, before it takes over, is admirable. Figuring out how to maintain what you've worked so hard to accomplish seems like a very smart thing to do.

You are probably right, if this person had just said "you wont binge again" that would have been nicer. I know I wont always be perfect when it comes to food.
  • WhisperAnne
    Options

Fixed it for you.

You are probably right, if this person had just said "you will over eat again one day " that would have been nicer. I know I wont always be perfect when it comes to food.