My 1st post ... Please i need help

Options
2»

Replies

• Teamdhb120
    Teamdhb120 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Make sure it's really endorsed by Dr. Oz. A lot of weight loss entities are using his name and he has warned about that on his show. The best weapon against fat loss is fewer calories and cardio, cardio, cardio. I know easier said than done, but it is the most effective.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    You have kids, you owe it to them to not experiment with your health. Change your lifestyle, do not try suspicious products which sound too good to be true.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    It is not a miracle pill. Yes, it is used by many, but safety studies have never been done on it, so be aware of that if you decide to try it.

I recommend buying a food scale, tracking everything, and getting 1 g of protein/lb of lean body mass.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    It is a total waste of money.
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Slow down, set a reasonable weight loss goal and read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

I'm just about to finish up my 3rd month here and I've lost half of 50 lbs. That's with carefully watching what I eat and exercising 6 days a week.

+1, read guide to your sexypants - one of the best posts on here. Good Luck.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome, I'm new here myself and understand how frustrating it is to want to lose weight and get back to being healthy. The thing we must remember is the weight didn't come on overnight and it will not come off overnight either. I have to remind myself of this all the time and teach myself to be patient as in the phrase slow and steady wins the race. :) Also I wouldn't buy anything sponsored by Dr. OZ, he would sell his soul to make a dollar, no offense to anyone that likes that man but I don't trust how he puts his name on anything and everything just to make a buck. Also, I don't believe there are any magic pills that make you lose weight, they will either :
    A. not work at all and you wasted your money and still didn't lose any weight except for in your wallet or
    B. they have some unsafe side effects that could cause damage to your body and or
    C. lets even say they do temporarily help you lose weight, as soon as you stop taking them then the weight comes back on.
    Trust me if there was a pill or drink out there, there would be no overweight celebrities.

So my advice, find friends on here for support, build yourself a workout routine that you enjoy and utilize all the tools on here that are for free and you will lose the weight with time. :)