Does anyone have a good Brussels sprout recipe?

13»

Replies

• Dabogimp
    Dabogimp Posts: 3 Member
    roast them with a stone ground mustard VERY GOOD
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Lots of yummy ideas! I love to simply roast them with olive oil, salt and pepper.
  • 19Chatham70
    19Chatham70 Posts: 7 Member
    Cut off the bottom 1/2", then cut each in half. Put the halves on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, use your hands to mix them so they're all shiny. Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of maple syrup over them. Roast at 400 degrees for about 15+ minutes (I like them un-mushy) S&P. Delicious! And so darn good for you.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    1. From the joy of cooking as read by my ex husband: marinate in french dressing and stuff with liverwurst. These may be served as a vegetable, a first course or to induce vomiting.

2. Use a paring knife to jab an x into the roots of the sprout so the hard part cooks as quickly as the leaves. Toss with a little olive oil and some garlic. Roast in the over at 350 degree for 30 minutes-hour.
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    I made these for co-workers for a potluck and they were great!!

Toss 1 1/2 pounds halved Brussels sprouts with 1/4 cup olive oil and a pinch each of red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Roast cut-side down on a baking sheet at 450 until caramelized, 25 to 30 minutes. Drizzle with white wine vinegar and honey.

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/roasted-brussels-sprouts-recipe.html?oc=linkback
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    My favorite way to eat Brussel sprouts is steamed and then sprinkled with Molly McButter.
  • EllieB_5
    EllieB_5 Posts: 247 Member
    Shred and saute in bacon fat, or shred and add to any dish. The flavour of shredded brussel sprouts seem to disappear into whatever flavour of the dish.
  • Shaved and pan-roasted with olive oil and garlic.

Or in bacon, onion, potato hash with cheese and fried egg on top. Typical weekend breakfast for me. :D
  • balvis3919
    balvis3919 Posts: 60 Member
    i have a recipe i use to get my kids to eat it. dice up about 2 slices of bacon or ham and cook it in a pan. cut 1 pound brussel sprouts in 1/4s and toss them into the pan and get a nice seer on them. then add 1/2 cup coconut milk, 1/4 cup craisins. cook till the sprouts r soft. its sweet and salty. we love it
  • Parboil them, then finish them in a medium oven with oil, garlic and some chopped nuts (cashew or hazelnuts are best).