MFP took 60 calories for good behavior?!

Options
So I have lost 10.5% of my weight and MFP ASKED IF I WANTED TO CHANGE MY NUTRIENT GOALS. Silly me...I pressed okay. Now I've lost 60 calories! Wth is that about?! I thought for good behavior it would've increased some. I am officially confused. Does anyone have some guidance? Maybe some answers as to why this may have occurred. Did I take too long losing 27 lbs in 2 months or something? :noway:

Replies

• meltedsno
    meltedsno Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I think what it means is that as you lose weight, your body requires less calories to sustain life.... in other words, the less you weigh, the less calories it takes to breathe, sit, sleep...etc... so MFP was simply asking if you'd like to adjust your calorie intake accordingly to maintain the same amount of calorie burn daily. If you choose to add back the 60 calories, you will still lose, but at a slower rate than you have experienced.
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    As you lose weight your caloric need goes down, so in order to still lose weight at the same rate, you will have to drop a few calories every 5 pounds or so. If you keep the calories, it's ok - you will still lose weight but just a bit slower. Hope that helps.:smile:
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    shutyourpieholeandsquat Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    This ^^

Bigger people get more calories.. the smaller you get the less you get to eat haha sucks huh?
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Sorry sweetie, eating more is what got us fat in the first place. As you lose, your body requires less to maintain meaning your goals are adjusted.

As you get closer to your goal weight you will adjust your deficit accordingly. For example, if you have your goals set to lose 2lbs/week right now you will eventually change it to 1lb/ week and then 1/2lb/week.

It's totally doable and sustainable.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    It is all just estimates anyway. No one burns calories the same each day. We aren't robots, we are people. 60 calories is nothing to stress over. If you don't like seeing reports that put you in the red, reset your daily goal to 61 calories higher. I hate seeing that red bar!
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    You can go readjust it if you want too! Thats what I do!
  • Amiwil
    Amiwil Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome! Thanks for the simultaneous input and almost identical answers, some of you lol. I guess that means that's exactly what it is. I appreciate it, perhaps I will help someone else in the future with the same question :flowerforyou:
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    So I have lost 10.5% of my weight and MFP ASKED IF I WANTED TO CHANGE MY NUTRIENT GOALS. Silly me...I pressed okay. Now I've lost 60 calories! Wth is that about?! I thought for good behavior it would've increased some. I am officially confused. Does anyone have some guidance? Maybe some answers as to why this may have occurred. Did I take too long losing 27 lbs in 2 months or something? :noway:
    You are supposed to allow MFP to recalculate your calorie goal because your body now requires less to survive.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    ive had calories taken off me when ive gained weight. i thought that was a bit weird.