Hi got on my bike and lost 65lb

Options
2»

Replies

• Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Until last month, I hadn't ridden a bike since I was 13 or 14. I've suddenly fallen in love with it again. I ride it everyday. Cycling is a great calorie burn, and it's great for the legs. It's helping to reveal all the hard work I've been doing in the gym on leg days, and if anything, it's improving upon that work.
  • DJManos
    DJManos Posts: 220
    Options
    LOVE my bikes! Used to ride a lot when I was younger and got away from it for several reasons. My youngest daughter (11) and I started riding together a few years back and now I have a whole garage full of the things. We do a LOT of moutnain biking and quite a bit of around town road biking. Best exercise ever in my opinion!
  • lindanewland37
    lindanewland37 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Great job! I love biking and have a nice bike getting old in my storage shed. It's been years since I have been mobile enough to try it again - but I think I'm getting close. I look forward to that day. Keep up the good work.
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Congratulations
    I lost most of my weight so far due to my bike I was biking back and forth to work (roughly 15 miles) and it was great! until a guy ran a red light and hit me :(

Stay safe out there

Oh and a side note apparently because I was in a pedestrian walking crossing it was completely my fault that he ran the red light and hit me...gotta love Georgia Laws.
  • jerryberry1988
    Options
    I was just telling my husband the other day that we should get bikes for when it warms up. MY husband is also dieting with me which is a big help. Is your husband dieting also?
  • AreUjoking2
    Options
    I just got my bike this past summer, and fell in love with riding all over again. Picked it up from a yard sale, but now I'm looking into road bikes. This past week was the first time this year I was able to get out and enjoy it. Our weather here isn't very bike friendly in the winter. I told the hubby that I need to find some winter riding gear. First day out I did 5.5 miles, 2nd day 8.3 miles, then I jumped up to 15.7 miles. I'm hooked. My goal for the future is to do marathons. Happy trails!
  • jesandrews91
    jesandrews91 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It's been so cold out to ride a bike outside....so I've been taking a spin class at the local gym 3-4 times a week for the last two months and I love what this class has done for me! Definitely has helped tone and trim my legs and body fat in general. Each class is different and listening to pumping music with an instructor "yelling" at you to keep going and to push your self is really motivating. I would definitely recommend a spin class for those who don't like to ride out in the cold during this Lonnnnggg winter. And riding with other people who have the same goals as you! I absolutely love spin!
  • krussell1967
    krussell1967 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    congrats!