WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2014

barbiecat
barbiecat Posts: 16,880 Member
1010061lvdi3ukvnv.gif

:flowerforyou: Welcome back to all my great Vitamin F friends who have been posting with us before

:flowerforyou: Welcome to all the women who have just found us…..the name of the thread is “Women Ages 50+” but all women are welcome.

:bigsmile: This is a great place to get the support and encouragement that is so necessary for all of us on a journey to weight loss and better health.

:flowerforyou: How did you do with your goals and resolutions for February?

:flowerforyou: What goals and resolutions have you made for March?

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: We like to sign our posts with a name or alias and geographic location to make it more personal.

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington

February Resolutions (with end of the month comments)
*restart strength training from the beginning (started with plank and squats with weights)
*yoga once a week (five times this month)
*submit tax materials to accountant (off in the mail on the 27th)
*update important information list (finished pending updates to our will)
*act the way I want to feel (done successfully a lot)

March Resolutions
*do weight training and yoga on alternate days
*add triceps pushups to weight training
*act the way I want to feel
*finish updating my will

:bigsmile: "The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT."

:bigsmile: “If it’s important to you then you will find a way, if it’s not you’ll find an excuse.”

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,312 Member
    bump
  • meyllisa
    meyllisa Posts: 284 Member
    Bump for now :smile:
    Juanita
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,619 Member
    March goals:
    log everyday

Not much but for a newbie, and knowing how crazy the month will be I think that is a good goal for me.

Kim - rainy N. Calif.
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I'll be back later.

Renny
    :heart:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,880 Member
    March goals:
    log everyday

Not much but for a newbie, and knowing how crazy the month will be I think that is a good goal for me.

Kim - rainy N. Calif.

:bigsmile: Kim, the best goals are ones that you can reasonably expect to achieve.......then when you achieve this goal and it becomes natural, then you can add others.......logging your food and exercise will make a huge difference in your journey to better health,:bigsmile:

One important thing that happened to me along this journey was recognizing that healthier eating made me feel better and more energetic and would contribute to longevity.

:bigsmile: My friends in Northern California have been without rain for a long time so it's good to hear that it's rainy now.

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,048 Member
    Marching into March with my Vitamin F pals.:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

Lin in Central Iowa (where it is snowing again)

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • yoyonomore55
    yoyonomore55 Posts: 350 Member
    Jane- So sorry you are still sick. You have been dealing with this for a long time!! I am also battling a bad sinus infection and probably bronchitis. Will try to get to urgent care tomorrow. I just can't take time off from work- too much to teach before
    June!! Hope you all feel better quickly. Your daily posts always make me smile. You are such a caring person!!

Barbie- Thank you for keeping this thread going. Although I don't have time to post very often, I do read all of the posts each morning and evening. So much wisdom, encouragement, and humor here!! I know it has contributed to maintaining my healthier life style.

LinC= Hope you get good news from your test results in March.

Vicki= I hope the party goes well!! Be careful on those roads!! this winter has been dreadful for driving. Yesterday on the way home from work, there was a complete white out. I was very thankful again that I carpool. My passenger was able to help me figure out where the road was. This is only the second time in many years that the visibility was literally zero. Very scary.

Meg- Hope you find some time to relax this weekend!

Michele- Florida sounds great!! We are back to below zero mornings again. I don't usually mind winter, but even I have had enough!!

Welcome to all of the new ladies!!

Going to try to rest up, force extra liquids, and stay by the fireplace this weekend!! Wish it could be with a good book, but will be with trig, precalc, and geometry books and papers instead!! Can't wait until June for soooo many reasons!!

Deb in chilly CNY
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,787 Member
    Hello to all: Glad that it is March. Haven't thought through goals yet but want to mark my place. Everyone have a good night. Sue in SD
  • edraper70
    edraper70 Posts: 211 Member
    Hi,

Praying that all who are sick heal soon. There is some nasty stuff going around out there.

I made plane reservations today to go to Minnesota and see the new little grandson. It was hard to find tickets that were sort of reasonably priced! We're going in two weeks so I hope the weather there isn't too bad. Cold I can deal with, but I haven't had to drive in snow for YEARS.

Got the taxes done tonight...Glad to have that over with.

It's still raining. We're thankful.

Eileen near San Diego
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    bump!
  • Patriciah62
    Patriciah62 Posts: 2 Member
    Newbie, discouraged today, very down. But looking forward to tomorrow. Monday I turn 52, gained a significant amount of weight when my mother passed last year, just really did not even notice it was happening. Tomorrow up and at it with a good attitude. Lost 4# last week before I found this site, this week is not looking that positive for weight loss.
  • Hi everyone! I am a newbie to MFP and am 58 yrs old. I need to lose about 45 more pounds. I have already lost 63 pounds since Aug 29th of 2013.
    Here in Tx, we have had lots of cold weather and already some 80's! We say if you don't like the weather wait a little bit, it will change!! lol
    Thanks Barbie for the topic, I hope to join in more now that I seen this.
    I look forward to posting with y'all.

Susan
    Dallas, Texas
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Thanks Barbie for starting us up again.
    HUGS
    jane
  • Patriciah62
    Patriciah62 Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks for the friend request myquietangel
  • Ginryl
    Ginryl Posts: 35
    BUMP for now. Will post my goals later
    Pennie in Texas
  • Anamika703
    Anamika703 Posts: 202 Member
    Barbie thanks for keeping us going :drinker: :flowerforyou: :love:
    Best wishes to all the vit F ladies
    Anamika from Mumbai
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Another funny thing about a car. One time :noway: :laugh: my husband was changing the oil. He had the cars front tires up on those ramps. I'm not really sure why he had the drivers door open. But somehow the car slipped out of park and went down the ramps, down the sidewalk. He was running after it trying to prevent it from going into the neighboor's yard. What he didn't think about was the mailbox! Almost took the driver's door off it's hinges. I'm sure the insurance adjuster got a laugh over that claim.

Joyce, Indiana
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    I added a goal this month. I think it is a good one. The goal is to have fun at least once a day, and this requires an attitude adjustment. It doesn’t have to be spectacular, just something I do because I enjoy it. Today we had a sunny day, and I had fun sitting outside on the deck soaking in God’s Vitamin D with DH. It lifted my spirits and made everything better. :heart: :flowerforyou: While I was soaking in vitamin D, the salmon was in the smoker. It came out great! Our first attempt last fall ended up over done and a bit dry, but this batch is just right.:bigsmile:

Happy first of March.:drinker:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

March goals:

1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Move more: cardio at least 3 days a week and strength training as soon as I am able.
    3. Find a way to have fun at least once every day.
    4. Water: According to an article I saw on facebook, drinking water at certain times maximizes its effectiveness for the body. I’ll work toward following these guidelines:
    * 2 glasses of water after waking up - helps activate internal organs
    * 1 glass of water 30 minutes before a meal - helps digestion
    * 1 glass of water before taking a bath - helps lower blood pressure
    * 1 glass of water before going to bed - avoids stroke or heart attack
  • christschild2
    christschild2 Posts: 97 Member
    I have good news and I have great news. I will have to wait until tomorrow to tell!! Oh, and I had a birthday yesterday:flowerforyou: :smile: :bigsmile: :blushing: and I am so excited for the new things that are happening in my life.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,640 Member
    morning my little chickadee's,
    Katla~ I just might have to steal that goal about something fun every day..
    the past couple of months for me have been on the rough side, going to try and turn over a new leaf:wink:
    i have my size 12-14 pants on that I bought last fall and they were fitting fine then, well ol Allie here has put back on a few lbs and they are snug:embarassed:
    the only good thing is I found a pair of black jeans in my drawer that i tried on this morning thinking that they still fit, and good lord they were swimming on me:bigsmile: off they go to goodwill...
    I woke up at 2:30 this morning.. so here I am, working today 1/2 day and then going to see my FIL and then to see our friends they just got 2 scottie puppies,Nessie and Bonnie( Bo Bo) this will be fun, she made lasgana,so will take a teeny piece and have salad, and bring my 24 oz tervis cup for water.
    I am sitting here trying to make a grocery list, with healthy stuff on it, please help!!!!!
    im good love salads, have to pick up my rye wraps, and hungry girl fold its,going to cut down on toast and other breads,
    sugar (damn) sugar is my downfall.. it is a true addiction for my mom it was alcohol,for me it is sugar and I will try to break the habit...
    I have cut my truvia down to 1/2 a packet in my tea
    and I have to get back into the swing of exercise,these past 2 months I have been a slacker:embarassed: