Anybody sick of the winter, the cold and the snow?

Options

Replies

• rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    We don't have snow but this is the coldest winter ever in the south. Totally over it. I want my flip flops!!! :sad:
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I used to love winter. However this year it's just been too bad. Too cold and too much snow. I wouldn't mind the snow if it was a little warmer but regularly being under -20C is wearing on me.
  • ShutterBugMomof2
    Options
    I am so over this ****. I am running towards the warmth like a... nevermind. Not even going to say it
  • momxs2
    momxs2 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    More snow coming my way Monday!! Ughhhhh!!!!!

I am still chuckling from your video! :))))
  • Lea_8D
    Lea_8D Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Seems like it will never end! :grumble: :sad: Of course when it finally does, it will be tornado season. :ohwell:
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    yes! I miss my nature trails, calling for snow this weekend too. :sad:
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Yup. Hate it.
  • cmcis
    cmcis Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I think I've had enough of winter. I've kept myself busy with snowshoeing and hiking using microspikes, but when the weather gets to -38...I mean come on! There's only so much winter anyone can take. :explode:
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    That's the way she goes, buddy. The fuc*in way she goes. I'd always rather the cold then the heat anyways.
  • jigsaw_me
    jigsaw_me Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Well I'm totally over summer - another 100F day again to day.

I'm really hanging out for rain (garden is looking very sad).

So if anyway wants to swop I'm interested ....
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    We've had absolutely no snow at all* this year :sad: In fact, it's been about the fifth warmest winters since records began, in the UK.

But we've had rain and wind. Lots of rain and wind. More rain and wind than you need in one year. We're soaked! A few people have got flooded (although not as many nationally this year as in my city alone in 2007! But that's a private gripe!) (ed) and parts of the coast up and down the East of England are dropping more quickly than usual into the sea.

We've had frost once or twice.

* well, virtually no snow! I bit in Scotland and Wales and on high ground, but not much elsewhere.
  • cmh0328
    cmh0328 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm also sick of the cold. I want to start walking on the road with my hubby.We can't because its to cold. I have a lot of weight to lose.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    This winter has been unreal.

I promise that if anyone complains about the heat this summer, I will smack the thought out of their mouth mid-sentence.
  • sonyapowell
    sonyapowell Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I was looing @ the snow records and noticed that this was the most snow since 1982, I am moving to FL in a few months, I have been here (Indiana) for about 22 years this time and the last time I moved to FL......1982! a girl can only take so much for so long and....I'm out!
  • rockstar53
    rockstar53 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    March 1st and it is -36 C but with a windchill feels like -48C. Yes, I am tired of the winter, the cold and the snow.
  • Iwantchange_22
    Iwantchange_22 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    its 37 Degree's where I live and its been like that for a week, and will be for the upcoming week too!! If your outside for more than 30 minutes you risk heat stroke and severe sunburn. I say, bring on the cold and the wet, really wishing it would snow here! :\
  • ChrisS30V
    ChrisS30V Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am SOOOOOO sick of the weather and being stuck indoors. I'm all for toughing it out and running in colder temperatures, as I've run when the temps were in single digits, but when there's a thick layer of ice on the road and half a foot of snow in the driveway and street, coupled with wind chills below zero, it makes it very challenging and in most cases impossible to go out running without risking freezing or falling and breaking a hip.

Fortunately I have access to a stairclimber so I can at least do something to get my heart rate up for 30mins to an hour on the days I'm supposed to run, but it just isn't the same.
  • boymom75
    boymom75 Posts: 74
    Options
    I am a native Southern Californian in Texas and I hate it! hate, hate, hate it. Texas isn't supposed to have ice and cold!!!It sucks.

Vent over. Feel better.

Until it's 109 out... lol :wink:
  • MissKim78
    MissKim78 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I only like Winter at the beginning....and before & on Christmas. After that....I'm done. Here in Canada (I'm in Nova Scotia), our Winter usually begins in November and can go as late as MAY!! We usually don't see much snow until January-February but this year, December was really snowy.
    And I hate the cold. It messes with my skin (pale, dry and excema flares up) and my hair (dry and full of static) and my wallet (power bill to heat my place)!
    I don't ski or skate or any of that so I basically hibernate in the Winter. I also HATE driving in snow. I would move somewhere where its warm all year but I DO like the changing of seasons, it keeps things fresh and always gives me something to look forward to!
    Winter is only good for some photos....freshly fallen snow on the trees with the sun glistening off them.
    I've taken enough photos.....I want sun and warmth and green back!
    Bring on Spring!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    As of this morning i've officially had it -30c with wind chill when i left for work. REALLY ITS MARCH FFS. Enough already seasonal average is in the 2C range (that I can live with - the brutal cold i've had enough of )