65 Calorie Pumpkin Dessert

Options
A recipe was posted for pumpkin fluff..it included cool whip. This is essentially the same thing minus the cool whip, you won't even miss it! With the cool whip its about 100 (or more) calories, I don't remember the exact total.

1 15 oz can pumpkin (not spiced)
1 1.4 oz box sugar free, fat free vanilla pudding
Pumpkin Pie spice to taste.

Mix and chill for 2 hrs. Tastes just like pumpkin pie! 1/2 cup is ~65 calories. You could even add a bit of cool whip for 20 calories if you wanted. So yummy!!!

Replies

• happy115
    Options
    I wish I saw this earlier! I made it with the cool whip and felt so guilty about the cool whip! Thanks for sharing.
  • bikerbiz
    bikerbiz Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Oh, that sounds good. But, I just skipped dinner and all my snacks today to sit out in the cold with a Starbuck's gingerbread latte and pumpkin spice scone....it was soooo worth it. LOL

Ok, back to work...
  • happy115
    Options
    I made this and put it in between my chocolate pumpkin cookies (1 can pumpkin w/ 1 box chocolate cake mix) ... yummy!
  • Canonoch
    Canonoch Posts: 120
    Options
    Kinda new to this type of cooking and mixing. So you just mix the pudding mix ( I presume instant) in with the pumpkin mash? Or do you make the pudding as directed and then mix with the mash?
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    This sounds so good. I am going to have to try this!
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I wish I saw this earlier! I made it with the cool whip and felt so guilty about the cool whip! Thanks for sharing.

Use the fat free coolwhip!!!! I've been using it so long I can't even tell the difference!!
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Kinda new to this type of cooking and mixing. So you just mix the pudding mix ( I presume instant) in with the pumpkin mash? Or do you make the pudding as directed and then mix with the mash?

You just use the pudding mix dry and mix it with the pumpkin, it's delish!
  • Tanya761
    Tanya761 Posts: 146
    Options
    OMG Yummm!
  • debbiepringle
    debbiepringle Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    sounds delicious
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options

I make a similar desert using one can of pumpkin and one box of Jello sugar free cheesecake pudding. You will also need milk as stated on the Jello box.

Simply mix the jello mix with milk, then stir in pumpkin. Cool in fridge for 2 hours and VIOLA! Instant yumminess.
  • khollyk
    khollyk Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    YUM! Made this a few hours ago. Put into database as Vanilla Pudding Pumpkin Dip. Great on cinnamon graham crackers!
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!
  • violet_820
    violet_820 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    yum!
  • happy115
    Options
    I didn't mix in milk.. just the powder and the can of pumpkin!
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    So sad I had all the ingredients to make this dessert and some how the dogs got ahold of the box of pudding. I found them under the coffee table chowing down. They both looked at me with their little noses and whiskers caked in yellow stick goop. They looked so cute that I couldn't get mad at them. I was a little bit worried they sugar free pudding would make them really sick but they both just had a little upset tummy that night. Guess I'll have to go get another box of pudding!
  • bsoxluvr
    bsoxluvr Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Guess who's stopping for a box of pudding on the way home!! Thanks for sharing.