Best stability shoe

Options
Ok so I am buying new shoes before i go away for a few weeks. I will buy by sat night March 1st. I have been looking at HOKA one one. link: http://www.hokaoneone.eu/en/d/stinson-evo-men_179.html or the Brooks Transcend http://www.brooksrunning.com/on/demandware.static/Sites-BrooksRunning-Site/Sites-BrooksRunning-Library/default/transcendReveal/index.html Give me your honest thought on this for spring release running shoes.

Replies

• steve0820
    steve0820 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for a running shoe, I would suggest a specialty store for running shoes, so they can check your mechanics and determine the type of shoe you need. I did a lot of running last year and some races, but I know I'm not wearing the proper shoe for myself, so I will be doing the same in the spring, and getting new runners.

Unless you already an experience runner and know what kind of shoe you need.
  • kt2007
    kt2007 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Yeah Steve I am military and also do a little running on my own. I use a running specialty. I have been looking for shoes for the last few weeks and was just hoping to get a few words from some people that might have used the shoes I was looking at. I need a good stability shoe with good cushioning.
  • kt2007
    kt2007 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I was kinda of looking to hear from some of these great runners here to chime in with some good info.
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I pronate A LOT and got fitted a couple weeks ago for new shoes. I got the Mizuno wave inspired stability shoes. They are light enough so it doesn't feel like i'm clunking around, but still correct my feet enough. I wasn't fitted for my previous pair and I couldn't do over 3 miles without foot pain.
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have Mizuno Wave Inspire as well, but I would get fitted properly to see if they are right for you.
  • kemcclell54
    kemcclell54 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I agree with the previous posters re going to a good running store (emphasis on GOOD - I've gotten bad advice from the chains). That said, I have the same issues with my feet (and back!) and I am really enjoying my Brooks GTS14. Best running/training shoe I've ever had!
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I can tell you my husband and I both like Saucony Guide stability shoes. However, I've worn various Saucony stability shoes and no other brand. No other brand seems to fit me as well.

Unfortunately, I have no info on Brooks....

I got fitted initially at a running store for Saucony Hurricanes. After going back and trying a few different pairs over the years, phasing out the Hurricanes, to another Saucony Stability shoe, I started reading my own reviews when I knwe what I needed. I ended up buying the Guide online without ever trying them on in the store as they claimed to be a little lighter, a litle smaller toe box which I needed, and provide the same stability and cushioning.

If you have been fitted and know what you need, do your research. Trust your gut when you read reviews. Check multiple sites including Runners websites and manufacturers website.

Sorry I can't provide particular insight on the shoe you are looking for!