Looking for friends - 40 something and 40 pounds to loose

Options
Hi,

Used MFP in 2012 and lost a bunch of weight, tore my achilles, gained a bunch back, and am back to try and loose yet again :smile:

Didn't use the community last time around but would love to this time!

I live in Canada and am a 40-something that works from home. I'm married and have a 20 yo son.

Oh and I just started back on Monday this week!!! so am really new and just struggling to start eating right and working out ... doing so-so so far .. definitely moving in the right direction though :happy:

Carissa in Calgary

Replies

• rede2go
    rede2go Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am 40 but don't have 40 pounds to loose.... only because I have been working at it! I have had my ups and down! Lost and gained! I love mfp.... If I can be of any help to encourage or support you please add me. I am a married mother of 3 who can be a listening ear. I am an honest person not here to judge anyone just to help if I can! I hope no matter what that you reach your goals! Good luck!

Heather
  • TayNLansNGraysDad
    TayNLansNGraysDad Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    40 here with 60 more to lose!
  • TudorRose2013
    TudorRose2013 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 40's as well and am looking to lose 25-30lbs. and improve my overall eating and fitness habits. I have two kids in college and work from home. I really struggle with exercise! Once I get a good routine going, I'm fine, it's just getting started and being consistent that I need to work on. I began logging my food last week and would love to add some friends for accountability and support. :smile:
  • clanmcfleming
    clanmcfleming Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm also 42 and although I dont have so much to lose now, I am definitely looking to start exercising more. I am trying to eat super healthy, lose the evening munchies and set a great example for my 3 kids. I also work from home so am surrounded by kiddie treats but it also means I can cook properly! Will send fruend requests. Just started using forums so would love to have some similar friends on here.
  • carissa321
    Options
    Thanks Heather :) I'm off to send a request!
  • fboudreau
    Options
    I'm 47, have 40-50 lbs to lose and need lots of support! I'm a chronic dieter on and off for the past 35 years! I can't say I have ever gotten to goal because I have never been satisfied with how I look. I'm trying to get a better body image after all these years.....
  • MsDillieBar
    MsDillieBar Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 43 and also have about 40ish pounds to go! My goal has been to lose about 1 lb/ week which will get me to or pretty close to my goal weight! I enjoy the support I've been getting here. Feel free to add me! I log on everyday and look forward to seeing how all my friends are doing! :happy:
  • MsDillieBar
    MsDillieBar Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Oops, I forgot!

There's a group for us 40+ people "40 and Fabulous" if your interested!
  • Nikkiash667
    Nikkiash667 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm 40, mom of two teens. Stay at home.
    I am a belly dancer of almost 7 years.
    I eat terribly. and very much need to do more exercise.
    I need to loose 40 pounds.
  • larodriguez02
    larodriguez02 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    hI! I'm 43 and have at least 40 more lbs to lose, feel free to add me. I've been in a bit of a slump lately, feel free to add me, I could use more people kicking me in the pants(or motivating me. :) ) ..
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. Just turned 46. Didn’t have a weight problem until late 30's. Mostly because of marijuana and other use. Three years clean as of March 1st (pot, alcohol, everything and 2 years off cigarettes). Exercise has never been a problem but this is the first time in a long time that I'm exercising daily.

Remember Susan Powter from the 90's? She was right..."diets" don't work. It's about convincing the self that it's a permanent way of eating and living and not something to do to reach a goal and then stop.

It's been about 4 months and I've only lost about 12 lbs of weight but the body change is what I pay attention to. I recommend "fitnessblender," a website that has free workout videos one can watch and do in their own home off their computers (or iPad, or smartphone if you don't mind staring at a tiny screen.)

Second, use the food log here. I would always pooh-pooh logs until I started to do it and saw how much sugar is in EVERYTHING.

Eat when hungry; don't keep junk food in the house; don't use your kids as an excuse to keep crap in the house; don't put yourself into a square peg by saying "I have a sweet tooth" or whatever BS excuses we make to ourselves. (My excuse is that I love crusty Italian bread - not good enough. I am an adult and I can have some self-control).

If you eat too much, stop where you are, don't overdo it and start again the next day.

Get out and walk. Don't drive to the store if it's 10 blocks away. Walk the 10 blocks! Take it easy on yourself and try to do something exercise-y every day, even if it's walking 5 blocks or jumping rope with an invisible jump rope.

JUST DO IT! And love yourself while you're at it. Remember, there are a million excuses NOT to do something.
  • kat2475
    kat2475 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request. I'm 39 and am currently a SAHM to 2 girls that are 5 and 7. I'm getting ready to start classes to be a medical transcriptionist and will be studying and then working from home.