Dietbet

Options
Anyone with bets going on right now? I was looking at the dietbet website and liked the idea of making a bet on it to make it competitive. The 28 day one was lose 4% of your body weight, which would have amounted to 2.7 pounds a week for me which I consider unhealthy. I instead went with lose 10% of your body weight in 6 months so I can lose about 1.1 pounds a week. Apparently if I lose at least 27 pounds I split the pot with everyone else who met their goal. It cost 125 dollars to enter and the average winnings are APPARENTLY between 180-300 dollars. I think a site like this has the capacity to push people towards unhealthy methods but I think it also has the capacity to push people to succeed if they are a competitive person who doesn't like losing money.

Replies

• chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I am doing the transformer right now.
  • x1v16
    x1v16 Posts: 66
    Options
    Oh? cool me too! Mine is Feb 11 - Aug 11

How about you?

Oooohhh, I just read that if you don't weigh in at least 6% down by the end of the 5th month, you cannot win, so they actively discourage a loss of more than 4% of your weight in a month. I think that is a good thing.
  • chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    That is the one I am doing too! Once I get closer to goal I don't think I will do another dietbet though. But I have enough to losenow that it will give me motivation.
  • Mackenzie106
    Mackenzie106 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm on the transformer too and I've won three rounds so far (fourth round finishes this week).

Money-wise my initial stake was $125 then I won $18.10 in round one, $39.95 in round two and $38.75 in round three. Total winnings so far = $96.80 but apparently half the pot is reserved for the final (6th) round. x
  • Momto4minions
    Momto4minions Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Dong a small one. 25 dollars. Only three people right now startes monday. Called march melt away.
    It is my first one. I figure we will probably only win back our own, but it is my first try at how they work! Lol
  • gmstarr1
    gmstarr1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've got several going on. They are great for me. My problem is that I have always taken too many breaks and cheat days, and when I have money up for it, I don't take as many breaks. I stay on course better.

My first one ended today, and we're waiting for two more people to weigh in. I made my goal of 4% loss...that was 7 pounds for me.

I'm also in the Transformer from Feb 11 to August 11 as well. I think they're great!