Ladies! No HRM, how many 30DS/RI30 calories burned?

Options
I'm 5'4'' and I float around 110lbs. Could anyone around that size post their readings or their estimated calories burned for Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred or Ripped In 30? I'm doing both and I don't have the money for a good HRM and I'm trying to be accurate on my exercise log. I've just been putting in "Circuit training, general - 20 mins" which gives me about 133 calories burned.

Replies

• DebbieSusanne
    DebbieSusanne Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and weigh 128 my heart rate monitor usually had me very close to the 30 minutes cardio circuit on MFP' for ripped in 30. Some workouts fluctuated depending on my effort that workout, but it was normally not more then 20-25 calories up or down. I found 30 day shred to be lower on calories burned and my workouts were normally in the low to mid 200 calories burned range. Ultimately though, it is all dependent on how hard you push yourself.
  • SwampWitch666
    SwampWitch666 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yeah, and I heard even HRMs are often inaccurate as well. It's hard to get a good idea on these sorts of things. :(
  • SwampWitch666
    SwampWitch666 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I've Googled women around my size and the variations are pretty extreme, ranging from 100c-600c! Augh, this is so frustrating!
  • DebbieSusanne
    DebbieSusanne Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I would just continue to use the cardio circuit option, I think it gets you fairly close. I found with the 30DS 20 minutes was closer to what my heart rate monitor had and with ripped 30 minutes had me closer. I usually just went with whichever had the lower amount (to be on the safe side) but I think it is probably fairly accurate if you are working the entire time.