Boobies!

Options
Made you look!

I do have a question, though.

My waist has gotten smaller (maybe 2 inches or so), and so when admiring my breasts, I noticed that they seemed larger. I had my husband feel them to confirm since he's the expert, and he agrees that my breasts are actually larger. Negative pregnancy test, and I don't have periods due to my birth control. Any ideas as to what would cause my breasts to grow while I'm on deficit?

Replies

• trcydonnelly
    Options
    I've seen it go two ways, MOST women's breasts get smaller but sometimes there is the rare occasion where you're building muscle and they stay the same. Rare as most women body builders are as flat chested as 10 year old boys. Use a Measuring Tape to be sure.
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    if I was doing strength training, not in deficit, and my breasts were firmer (say, from muscle) I'd be inclined to think that was what was happening. But, what little strength training I am doing is limited to things like squats and deadlifts. It just strikes me as strange that my breasts would get bigger as the rest of me is getting smaller. I've got my chest measurements floating around somewhere, I'll have to see if I can find them and compare.
  • Clash1001
    Clash1001 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Could it be that they look bigger as your waist is now smaller?
  • DamianaKitten
    Options

I thought I mentioned that in my OP. I had my husband do a through fondling, and he said there's now more that he can't grasp than before. :laugh: I was thinking it was just an optical illusion based on my waist reduction, but it seems that is not the case based on his professional opinion. Hopefully I can track down my previous measurements to verify. They're around here somewhere....
  • DamianaKitten
    Options
    So, I just measured.

Bust (fullest part): Previous: 45.25 Current 46
    Rib Cage (beneath bust): Previous: 39 Current: 36.5
    Waist (smallest part): Previous: 36.75 Current: 35.5
    Hips (widest part): Previous 50.75 Current: 50.

So, my chest is bigger, although not by much. I just don't know why it went up at all if the rest of me is losing. Maybe on the days I've been going over, my body is tossing all the new gains to my chest? :laugh: Maybe this should be under NSV.
  • DaniettaF
    DaniettaF Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I don't have an answer, but nice one :drinker:
  • beardedwarriortx
    beardedwarriortx Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I think in a perfect world all women boobs would get bigger due to working out. Id literally buy every woman in American a gym membership if it was so.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

I thought I mentioned that in my OP. I had my husband do a through fondling, and he said there's now more that he can't grasp than before. :laugh: I was thinking it was just an optical illusion based on my waist reduction, but it seems that is not the case based on his professional opinion. Hopefully I can track down my previous measurements to verify. They're around here somewhere....
    Your husband is in a calorie deficit and his hands have shrunk.
    However, at the same time his smile has got bigger....
  • mom2my4boys
    mom2my4boys Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    The same thing has happened to me! (not good, i've been a card carrying member of the big boob club since my early teens) I've lost 8 inches under my bust and gone up 2 cup sizes. I read somewhere's for every inch inch you lose under your bust, you go up a cup size. i dunno, google it, i did. I just wanted to let you know your not alone. Oh and i'm strength training and in a calorie deficit. If you and you husband are enjoying it, carry on :)
  • Trying2Recover
    Options
    is it possible that you've lost weight from under them making them look bigger?
  • DamianaKitten
    Options
    I have the body of a ten year old boy :)

Dont stress over your bust, either you will lose them or not lol

Just be happy with what you got and that you are making an effort to make it all healthy :)

:laugh: Not stressed, just confused. I'm perfectly content with my breasts either way, but it makes me laugh. Many years ago, while my hubby was deployed, he said "If you want to lose weight, that's great, but stop when your chest and hips start shrinking." :laugh: He's on board with it now either way, but it just doesn't make any sense to me.
  • DebSM2
    DebSM2 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Wore a different bra that "arranged" things differently? This would do it for me...
  • DamianaKitten
    Options
    I think in a perfect world all women boobs would get bigger due to working out. Id literally buy every woman in American a gym membership if it was so.

:tongue: I don't go to the gym. I actually haven't been working out very much, mostly cardio (well, lots of walking with about 10-20 second bursts of "jogging.")
  • DamianaKitten
    Options
    The same thing has happened to me! (not good, i've been a card carrying member of the big boob club since my early teens) I've lost 8 inches under my bust and gone up 2 cup sizes. I read somewhere's for every inch inch you lose under your bust, you go up a cup size. i dunno, google it, i did. I just wanted to let you know your not alone. Oh and i'm strength training and in a calorie deficit. If you and you husband are enjoying it, carry on :)

Yes, the bust to rib cage ratio effects cup size. However, that doesn't necessarily mean your breasts are bigger, just that the ratio has changed. The last time I wore real bras (a few years ago) I was between a 40DDD and a 42DD. Bra sizing is strange.
  • DamianaKitten
    Options
    Wore a different bra that "arranged" things differently? This would do it for me...

Nope. I wear the same clothes for measuring.
  • DamianaKitten
    Options
    is it possible that you've lost weight from under them making them look bigger?

Covered that a few times already. Measurement changes posted a few posts ago. The rib cage has officially gotten smaller, and the bust (at the largest point) has gotten larger.

Maybe it's water? :laugh:
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Do you eat a lot of soy products like tofu, etc?
  • Heathr_WhoLuvzDave
    Heathr_WhoLuvzDave Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Could it be hormones from your birth control? You said you don't get periods anymore. Some birth controls, if I'm not mistaken "trick" your body into thinking it's pregnant so you don't ovulate. I know when I was on the depo shot, I was losing weight (on purpose, not as a side effect) but my breast seemed fuller. I stopped it & well... back to normal but getting smaller due to continued dieting lol
  • DamianaKitten
    Options
    Could it be hormones from your birth control? You said you don't get periods anymore. Some birth controls, if I'm not mistaken "trick" your body into thinking it's pregnant so you don't ovulate. I know when I was on the depo shot, I was losing weight (on purpose, not as a side effect) but my breast seemed fuller. I stopped it & well... back to normal but getting smaller due to continued dieting lol

I had considered that as well. I'm leaning towards hormones, but I've had it for about a year and this is the first I've noticed any changes in "fullness." I'm on Nexplanon, and I do know (or, have been told) that exercise can effect hormone levels as well, so maybe it is hormone related. I'm going to continue to track it and see if they go back down. :laugh: