1 month and 8+ lbs. lost but no obvious evidence? (photos)

Options
2»

Replies

• cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Great job! The way the shadows look on your belly, I bet a side view would show change you'd notice more.

And definitely measure, yes. Pick constant spots (the navel is always a good constant one for one), because if you just pick the biggest spot each time it won't show what you've actually lost. I learned that with my thighs. I used to always measure the biggest spot, but I'd lost the top half of my biggest spot before I realized that the measurement wouldn't catch that loss. Now I use the same spot, not necessarily the biggest.
  • johnny7625
    Options
    there is a difference keep it up good job
  • 1991court
    1991court Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I don't know what everyone else is seeing because I see a great difference near the small of your waist (right under bust) your narrower. Do measurements you will start seeing it. Also the last weight you put on is the first to go, so belly fat is pesky im still working on mine.
  • thatlittlebit
    thatlittlebit Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I can see a difference on your belly and around your waist at the back. I'm almost the same height as you (maybe half an inch taller) and am down around 13lbs and still don't see a difference yet, I think it jsut takes time
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    There are small, almost unnoticeable differences. Like your boobs aren't spilling out as much making 'underarm' bulges anymore.

But mostly, you just need to be patient.
  • Trying2Recover
    Options
    your tummy looks smaller.
  • tiffanybrooks530
    tiffanybrooks530 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I heard it takes about 20lbs to see a difference. Stay motivated!
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    It takes more time to see results....I'm 5 feet tall and I didn't see any change until I lost the first 25 pounds
  • semarsh12
    semarsh12 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 8! It's frustrating I know (I'm 5'1") but really, about 15 lbs or so is when you will start to see. I swear I lost the first 30 just in my fingers and feet because I hardly noticed anything! Trust in the scale and don't give up.
  • hrufener06
    Options
    I agree! Measurements are key for seeing changes when your are initially starting with your weight loss journey! I was amazed at the inch loss when I had only lost 10 pounds and some people end up losing tons of inches and the number on the scale is not the true meaning of overall success. I actually had my husband hide the scale from me for 4 weeks because I was becoming too obsessed with the number on the scale.
  • moxy28
    moxy28 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I see small differences. But your face and breast are where you'll see those first fat losses. Also I think its more feeling better, like more energy, better workouts, better sleep, those kinds of things that those first losses change. More so then your physical changes anyway. Both are great! Good Job!
  • SouthGaPeach
    SouthGaPeach Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and i didn't even change a clothing size until I had lost about 20 pounds. You'll get there! Are you doing any type of strength training?

I am, not even just to meet my goals but simply because I like strength training lol