What if I do the 30 day shred on alternate days?

Options
Hey all! For all of you who know what the 30 day shred is like, I wanted to ask... would it be alright if I ran one day and did the 30 day shred another day? I've been running since December and a few days ago I started 30DS to break the monotony, it's amazing and its intense but I love to run! If I do it on alternate days, will I still see results quick? Or should I just do it for 30 days and get back into running?

Replies

• charlisobel
    charlisobel Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I think a mix of both would be best for you, particularly if you love running!

My experience of the 30 day shred so far is this:
    6 days level 1
    4 days level 2

I do it 4 days a week and run 5k on another day. For me having rest days is important because they are both quite high impact on the knees. I recently noticed that I can do so much more in my workouts than when I started the 30 day shred plus my 5k times have been getting faster as well.

Hope that helps.
  • Clash1001
    Clash1001 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I believe Gillian what's her face recommends doing it two days in a row, then one day cardio. And a rest day once a week I think.

I do it five days out of seven in a week - have Mondays and Thursdays off, with cardio on those days.
  • StraubreyR
    StraubreyR Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I alternate it with biking. It's working for me!
  • annie7hudds
    annie7hudds Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I see no harm in alternating them.

I have 30 Day Shred and some other DVDs, which I just select at random. That way I don't get bored- and it keeps me using different muscles each time. I like to run at least 3 times per week - so do a workout 3 days and then one rest day.

This morning I had a short run, then when I got home did Ripped in 30. ha ha.
  • fitness_n00b
    Options
    How did you not die?! I admire you! Really!
  • Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Yea Boredom is another factor
    what if i do level 1 on first day then level 2 on second day and level 3 on third day? any idea, is it workable?
  • grapefruithero
    grapefruithero Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It's taken me 30 Days just to complete the first two levels, and I'm still seeing results. I alternate it with jogging and biking. I don't think there's a "right" way to do it--just like any other exercise, push yourself, do the absolute best you can and you'll see results.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I always do 45 mins of cardio before I do my Jillian video. So I end up with about 80 mins of exercising that day. I found I have better results than just doing the Jillian DVD alone.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I've seen her state on a video somewhere that it isn't supposed to be done for 30 days consecutively anyway. That was more of a marketing thing. You're supposed to have some rest days.
  • caveninit
    caveninit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I see no harm in alternating them.

I have 30 Day Shred and some other DVDs, which I just select at random. That way I don't get bored- and it keeps me using different muscles each time. I like to run at least 3 times per week - so do a workout 3 days and then one rest day.

This morning I had a short run, then when I got home did Ripped in 30. ha ha.

That's what I do too..I have tons of workout dvds..T25, P90X1-3, ripped in 30, 30 day shred, slim in 6, etc.. I pick a different one each day.. I have the attention span of a flea and tend to get bored really easily so I have to switch things up each day, May not work for everyone but that's what works for me. variety!