Phentermine & Topamax Combination

Options
124»

Replies

• Luv2Smile55
    Luv2Smile55 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I take 100mg of topamax everyday to help prevent migraines. I started about 2 months ago. I was told lack of appetite could be a side effect, but since I've actively been trying to lose weight the past month, not sure that's worked in my favor. I did have other weird side effects that just recently dissipated; forgetting a word, or stumbling over words, wanting to write one letter and jotting something else. I think however, those effects are fairly normal, and like I said, in my case have already gone away.

I can't believe it's being given out as a diet aid! It was originally prescribed as an anti-seizure med I believe.
    Caro

It's an anti-seizure med. My son has been taking it for a few years to assist with his epileptic seizures. It definitely helps with weight loss if you are willing to tolerate the side effects. His food all tastes like metal. He now stutters where he never did before. When he first started taking it it made his stomach hurt horribly. That did subside with time. Like I said, every drug has side effects so it all depends on if you are up for the challenge. Good luck and be careful. :flowerforyou:
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I used the combination 5 years ago with great success. The first dose of Topomax got rid of my desire to eat most carbs except for vegetables.. Fruit was so sweet and I stopped eating bananas for fear I would vomit from its sweetness. It did dumb me down for awhile, but once I was used to it I was okay. You may experience tingling in your fingers and toes so drink lots of water to stop that. Also you should be aware that Topomax decreases your ability to sweat and you can overheat during exercise.