What was your NSV this week?

Options

Replies

• pmur
    pmur Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Completed c25k and actually ran a 5k yesterday!
  • rebeccaaa_elizabeth
    rebeccaaa_elizabeth Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I saw my collarbone for the first time in many, many, many (!) years.

Me too! :bigsmile:
  • flyingbeta
    flyingbeta Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    So many great NSVs. You are all inspirational!
  • QS82
    QS82 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Earlier in the week I knocked 14 minutes off of my 5km running time compared to this time last year doing the exact same route. Chuffed didn't even come close! :bigsmile:
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I had fallen off track for a bit..But "re-dedicated" myself to geting "back at it" Friday. I went to buy some new workout clothes this weekend (to motivate and inspire me lol)...And bought mediums instead of larges! :) That made me happy ha ha....Maybe someday I can buy smalls? We shall see what the future brings :D

On top of that I took my 11 yr old daughter with me to "help me"...And while trying on stuff she said "Mom, those are too big, you need smaller ones!"...Or "Mom you look smaller"...That motivated me even more to "stay on track" and inspire my kids <3
  • bkbenda
    bkbenda Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Ran my first timed race, Ortega River Run-5 miles, in 48:48 (9:45 pace). Goal was 52:30 based on training runs. Beat that by 3:42! Gate River Run seeded cut off is 49:00. Unfortunately I already registered and can't change it but nice to know that I could be there. So excited!
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I went to the local health food co-op yesterday and when I hit the aisle with all the supplements a voice in my head said "Pills, nope" and I walked away. I used to take a lot of stuff, now I'll pop a caffeine pill to give me a little boost before I jog but that's about it.

Now if I can just get that voice in my head to tell me some winning lottery numbers!
  • charlisobel
    charlisobel Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I bought a dress last May that I have never ever been able to fit into (I don't know why I didn't return it...) but today.... IT FITS!
  • LTKeegan
    LTKeegan Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I went to lululemon to buy myself a reward for losing 10lbs and I got a size 4 top rather than my usual size 6!
  • mikedurty
    mikedurty Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Today I walked the supermarket, isle by isle and didn't feel exhausted when I left!
  • Nix_Way
    Nix_Way Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Last Thursday I tried on a skirt that has been hanging in my closet since 2007 (when I could wear it) and tried it on just for fun. It totally fits again!!!!!!!!

*Doing the happy dance!*
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Wearing my belt on the last whole without feeling like I have to adjust it throughout the day. And it's a whole my husband punched in the belt because it was getting too big :) Can't wait to replace it entirely!
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I put my scale away in the closet for a month and took measurements and pictures. I've been doing great with my workouts and diet and I decided that I can do without the obsession over my "number" for a few weeks. Guess we'll see how I do!

I think i am gonna join you =) no weighing myself for the month of March! I've become obsessed =(
  • Chickaboo2014
    Chickaboo2014 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Tried a new exercise; Jillian Michaels Total Body Kit (resistance bands). I came down with a terrible cold on Friday, but still managed to do 30 minutes of the dvd plus 20 minutes of stretching.
  • Chickaboo2014
    Chickaboo2014 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Last Thursday I tried on a skirt that has been hanging in my closet since 2007 (when I could wear it) and tried it on just for fun. It totally fits again!!!!!!!!

*Doing the happy dance!*

What an awesome feeling! Good for you!!
  • GeekLoss
    GeekLoss Posts: 3
    Options
    My NSV happend today when i biked up this somewhat steep hill that i've never been able to bike up before without stopping. It hurt and i nearly stopped of course, but the fact that i made it shows me that i am getting better at biking, even if it is only a week in! :D
  • RuchikaPal
    RuchikaPal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I put my hands around my waist today and it did not feel as big as it used to.... a strange feeling... :flowerforyou:
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    All my pj bottoms are no longer clinging to my thighs, and my wedding & engagement rings are falling off! Went down a pantie size too! :drinker:
  • teaparty75
    teaparty75 Posts: 170
    Options
    Watching my 8 year old daughter cross the finish line of her first 5k race while running next to her.

The best NSV is knowing that my and my wife's lifestyle changes are leading to our daughters not needing to make any later in life.

SO COOL !!!
  • teaparty75
    teaparty75 Posts: 170
    Options
    COMPLETED WEEK 5 DAY 1 OF COUCH 2 5K !! I ONLY HAD TO STOP ONCE DURING THE FIRST 5 MIN JOG - AFTER THAT I CALMED DOWN , GOT MY BREATHING TOGETHER AND HIT MY STRIDE !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!