Hit first of many milestones!

Options
Hi, I'm pretty new to MFP overall. I've been here almost 3 months now.

Since beginning in January I'm down 24lbs! Last year I lost almost 30lbs, so in total I'm actually down more than 50lbs which I'm very proud of.

Anyway, last week I finally hit a huge milestone for me, I'm below 300lbs! Back in the 200's. Still have a long way to go, but I haven't seen the 200's in over 5 years.

Just wanted to share, I've been feeling so good about it!

Replies

• knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Nice work! Keep it up! :drinker:
  • QS82
    QS82 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    That's amazing and you have every reason to be proud of your achievements! Thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • healthieryear
    healthieryear Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you!

I don't really share with people I know because I don't want them knowing my current weight haha. Only my brother actually knows my weight because he was the same (I was still higher at one point, he was about 315 at highest) and lost over 100lbs. Also hes very non-judgemental and we're very close.

I won't even tell my husband I weighed over 300lbs though. I mean I think some people know, my dad is very overweight and close to 300lbs and he must be able to tell I'm bigger than him. But I actually doubt my husband can tell haha. Most people would probably under-estimate my weight.

Instead I tell them how much I've lost. At this point I'm more open with it and tell some how much I want to lose so I'd think they could estimate by how I look and adding that information pretty accurately....but still I just can't tell them the current number. So hitting the milestone all I could say was I'm at the weight I was 5 years ago. So had to share here! Although I think when I finally get into the 100's I will let people know how much I used to weigh.
  • QS82
    QS82 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thank you!

I don't really share with people I know because I don't want them knowing my current weight haha. Only my brother actually knows my weight because he was the same (I was still higher at one point, he was about 315 at highest) and lost over 100lbs. Also hes very non-judgemental and we're very close.

I won't even tell my husband I weighed over 300lbs though. I mean I think some people know, my dad is very overweight and close to 300lbs and he must be able to tell I'm bigger than him. But I actually doubt my husband can tell haha. Most people would probably under-estimate my weight.

Instead I tell them how much I've lost. At this point I'm more open with it and tell some how much I want to lose so I'd think they could estimate by how I look and adding that information pretty accurately....but still I just can't tell them the current number. So hitting the milestone all I could say was I'm at the weight I was 5 years ago. So had to share here! Although I think when I finally get into the 100's I will let people know how much I used to weigh.

You're not the only one lovely, I never tell anyone my weight and never have! I just say how much i've lost if they ask, there's no shame in that. :wink:

Just make sure you let us know when you reach your next goal! :smile:
  • shively93
    shively93 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's great! Congratulations on hitting your first milestone! Keep up the wonderful job your doing!
  • TXEXrunner
    TXEXrunner Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you!! You obviously have found a routine that works. Keep up the good work!!
  • healthieryear
    healthieryear Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks again everyone :)