Bras!

Options
MelsAuntie
MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
I'm genuinely curious here. Why are so many women posting that they can't stand wearing bras? I'm a 38C, wear underwire bras, and they are so comfortable that I honestly can't tell whether I'm wearing a bra or not, without feeling for the shoulder strap. At 65, believe me, it is MUCH less comfortable to go braless!
So, ladies, what is your problem with bras???

Replies

• wheezeybouncer
    wheezeybouncer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Love a well fitted, pretty bra. And my pink & purple scaffolding for the gym. I can't go bra-less. the girls don't like it (36FF last fitting)
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Same as you, I can't go without. I am a 34E and we don't need to scare anyone.

I also agree, I never feel mine either, never pull up the straps or have anything cut in -- I guess that's what I get for going to the pricey bra stores for proper fitting??

haha at my size my girls look much better pulled up :)
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Mainly because everyone likes to play "follow the leader" on the internet.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I'm with you I love my bras! I get fitted at a specialty store about an hour away, it's worth every single penny and mile! I'm currently in a 36H (US sizing) so I can't afford to go without one. I never have anything dig in, never feel the straps, never have any issues at all.
  • LaserOctopus
    LaserOctopus Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Same here - I'm currently 38DD, Down from 44F. My bras fit amazingly well!

Maybe it's true about the crazy percentage of women who wear the wrong size?

Or maybe it's that too many buy pretty bras that are meant to be worn briefly and then removed?

Or they buy those cheap-*kitten* lacy and useless ones instead of an actual nice one?
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    When I was 18 and a perky B cup I often went braless (if I was wearing a backless or strapless dress etc) but now I'm mid 30s and a DD they bounce about too much and it's painful. My bras are really comfy, I think a good strap width is key.
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    They can be hot & sexy or girly & cute ...I'm not complaining!
  • heikejacob4
    heikejacob4 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    36C and I sleep in a bra and everything. The only bras I can't stand for more than 12 hours are my strapless ones that have a reason to hang on for dear life! If I shower at night though, I won't put one on just to go to bed. Used to be uncomfortable lying on my side or on my back (boobs would shift) or on my stomach but I've since gotten used to it. I would never leave the house without one however!
  • Arranna1212
    Arranna1212 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I love my bras! I just don't feel right unless I'm wearing one lol. Also, never complain that Victoria's Secret bras are too expensive and that they're just a bra :P.. I bought one of those on Valentine's this year and it was the best 50$ I've ever spent on an item.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I live in a bra. I don't think my poor, sensitive nipples could take the irritation of the shifting fabric of my shirts. The way a properly-fitting bra keeps the jubblies nearly stationary is a huge relief!
  • ashleyblossom1
    ashleyblossom1 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    What is wrong with not liking to wear a bra? Isn't it a choice? I personally don't like being strapped down 24/7. I wear them in public but in the privacy of my home it instantly comes off. And yes my bras fit fine but my boobs like to breathe. 36DDD
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    What is wrong with not liking to wear a bra? Isn't it a choice? I personally don't like being strapped down 24/7. I wear them in public but in the privacy of my home it instantly comes off. And yes my bras fit fine but my boobs like to breathe. 36DDD

Wow, why so defensive? I don't care if you wear a bra or not, I'm just curious as to why so many women don't like them.
  • ashleyblossom1
    ashleyblossom1 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Wow, why so defensive? I don't care if you wear a bra or not, I'm just curious as to why so many women don't like them.

Sorry, I'm not trying to sound defensive. Just stating my preference. I was reading people saying that the bras must be cheap, people don't know their proper size, or follow the leader mentality. For some people that may be the problem, but some just find themselves to be much more comfortable without one. Its just a comfort preference.
  • tegalicious
    tegalicious Posts: 629
    Options
    I have tiny ones and I hate being braless unless I have a tight shirt on (like those long tanks from Target). I don't sleep in one but find it uncomfortable to be walking around and they are all flapping around freely in my shirt. Lol!
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Only probem I have with a bra is when it doesn't fit right, like the wire poking me or when my cup runneth over (or under). Honestly, doing some things braless genuinely hurts (you try doing jumping jacks with soft D cups bouncing, nay, flapping and flopping around. It really hurts that part under the boob where it connects to the chest a LOT and the part on the top where it connects to the chest and just in general. :explode: :mad:

OTOH, I also really enjoy a well fitting corset. more_new_corset_by_underbust-d5s1egn.jpg

BTW, that's not me but a beautiful example of a corsetted beauty!
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,295 Member
    Options
    because women and men are equal and because men dont wear bras, women dont wanna either, and because bras are remnants of a repressive society from way back then
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Love a well fitted bra and a well fitted sports bra. It's all about the fit... thank God for Nordstrom's!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I like a sexy bra, but will not wear a utilitarian boring one.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I've got two hard-working, veteran breasts here who deserve all the help they can get. Some of my bras are more comfortable than others, some of them keep me strapped down tight for when the work gets fast and rough, and some of them make me feel like a sexy siren again, but I love them all! :heart: :heart:
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I hate them but they're a necessary evil. I'm too big to not wear one. However, if I didn't have to, I'd be going around bra less all the time.