Fell off the wagon and bruised my tailbone...lol!!

Options
I fell on 11/20 and bruised/sprained my tailbone. X-rays said it is not broken, but I can not imagine it hurting any worse. I have not been able to do anything for two weeks now and have fallen back into old patterns. Feeling sorry for myself and not being able to run/exercise has sent me back into a slump of bad eating habits and I have gained 7 pounds in 3 weeks. I was doing really well with both diet and exercise, and was training to run my first half marathon on January 23, and now may not even be able to do that. I am back to work today, and that helps me stay on my good eating routine, so I am planning to get myself out of that rut. Any ideas on ways to rehabilitate from this injury, still get some activity in and prepare for a half marathon? I am walking short distances, but that is it so far.

Replies

• crissi66
    Options
    I dont know if there is a community pool close to you but i would assume swimming might be a great substitute for a while. the release of pressure could probably be used as physical therapy as well.
  • SandyHern
    SandyHern Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    That happened to me a couple of months ago. OMG it was so painful!!!
    I did some swimming and biking during that time. Yes surprisingly the biking didn't hurt, because you don't sit right on your tailbone...just the getting on and off was a little tricky.
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    That happened to me a couple of months ago. OMG it was so painful!!!
    I did some swimming and biking during that time. Yes surprisingly the biking didn't hurt, because you don't sit right on your tailbone...just the getting on and off was a little tricky.

Glad to hear that the bike might be a possibility, as I was thinking that since it involved sitting it would not be good. I will have to give it a try.

Swimming may also be an option...I have a pool, but eventhough I live in San Diego, CA, it is still too cold to use mine, but there is a heated pool at the gym, although still outdoors. But, yes, that is an option I will have to try out.

Sandy - How long did it take to begin feeling better??

Thanks, for the ideas...keep them coming!!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Its partly cloudy and 65 in San diego today in a heated pool Id be all over that!
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Its partly cloudy and 65 in San diego today in a heated pool Id be all over that!

Yes, I know...I am a wimp...main problem is I can't go until after work in the evening...as soon as the sun goes down it is much cooler...we has frost this morning, but then it does warm up during the day. I will give it a try soon, maybe over the weekend, during the day...wish the one in my backyard was heated!!