Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    no, you aren't alone.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I feel very alone among my friends on MFP. I don't like them either.
  • abble_pie
    abble_pie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Are you eating them room temp? Try popping in the microwave for 15 seconds. They are much better heated up!
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about buying some tomorrow. What do they taste like? I've only seen rave reviews on here. I might just choose something else now :/
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    IIIIISerenityNowIIIII Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THEM, overall. There are a billion flavors and some of those I don't care for, but many more that I LOVE. Try heating them up a little, as suggested.
  • jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    stopped by my GNC yesterday and they gave me one of their Gnc Pro Performance - Oatmeal Protein Bar Deluxe Blueberries & Cream. OHHHHMUUUHHHHGGEEERRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! was the best bar i have ever had. better than the Quest bars.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Eh could just be the flavor you tried. Some are nasty.
  • MadTownD
    MadTownD Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    They're not my favorite. Try Kind Bars. Mucho bueno! ????
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    IIIIISerenityNowIIIII Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Yeah that double chocolate chunk one that everyone else loves tastes like fermented sweet n low to me. Gross. But, I love many of the others.
  • abble_pie
    abble_pie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I agree, some of the flavors are better than others. I love the lemon cream pie and cookies and cream flavors so far. I tried white chocolate raspberry and didn't really like it at all
  • HealthyMakeover
    HealthyMakeover Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I've never bought them, too expensive IMHO, but I've heard some have a weird chemically taste? I mean, it probably isn't from ACTUAL chemicals, but still weird.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I think they taste like chemicals.........
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I tried one yesterday as I am sampling some of these kind of things to start taking with me on my longer rides. It wasn't horrible or anything, but I fail to see why so many people get hard ons for these things. Also not enough carbs for the application for which I'll be using them.

You really spent $20 without sampling?
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I hate most of them. People were constantly raving about them so much I ordered a few in (and they're more expensive in the UK 'cause they're imported) and I only liked two of the seven flavours I tried, and even then I was kinda "meh" about those.
  • Losing_Sarah
    Losing_Sarah Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Not alone. I know people who eat one or two every day.
  • criztawl
    criztawl Posts: 34
    Options
    I've yet to come across them in Northern Toronto, might just be the store I frequent don't/won't sell them. I'd love to try them though!
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Quest has the most bang nutritional and macros wise. They also dont contain sugar alcohols that can upset a lot of stomachs and digestive tracts. Because it dont have sugar alcohols they arent as sweet. You could try others out there but beware sugar alcohols and calories. Quest has 20g of protein for under 200 calories for most flavors. Kind bars are good but no better than eating an over glorified granola bar at only 7 grams of protein at 200 calories. Also the GNC bars are a whopping 400 cals a bar for the regular ones and 190 for the lite ones. Also with the GNC I noticed that for the regular you do get 30g of protein but the lite goes down to 15g. Honestly its a preference and everyone is different. I personally tried the Atkins bars and although I liked them they ripped my stomach to shreds and made me nauseous after 2 days of consuming them. IMO most of the bars have a chemical taste but after doing this for over a year I dont notice the taste anymore, to me they are sweet and keep me from binging on the real thing.
  • snoodled
    snoodled Posts: 57
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of quest bars. Heating them up doesn't change the flavor. I eat them for the nutritional value.
  • IsaTexDesigner
    IsaTexDesigner Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I bought two boxes of strawberry cheesecake and cookies and cream over the weekend. Honestly, theyre protein bars, they all have a protein bar kind of taste. They will never taste as good as real food. But they're convenient, and taste good enough if Im in a hurry. As Snoodle above mentions, I eat them for nutritional value.
  • Hovercat
    Hovercat Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I love the cookie dough ones. I bought a bunch of boxes during their Black Friday sale and made the mistake of buying the Strawberry Cheesecake ones. Blech.

Edit: The brownie ones are good when I'm craving cakes.

15867205.png