Fitness Blender..Free Workout Videos

Options
Hi, I just joined this website called Fitness Blender that has free workout videos online. I just wanted to share with everyone because it is so awesome. I just started exercising and did not know what to do. I had heard about p90x and insanity but I weigh 191 lbs and it looked impossible so I didn't want to pay a lot of money for something I wasn't sure I could do. I just found this last night and am really excited about it. I am going to try to exercise every other day.

Does anyone else use this site and what videos do you like?

Replies

• knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I am just about to finish Week 3 of their 4 week low impact program. All their videos are 100% free, but for a small fee they will email you a pdf with a full workout plan telling which videos to do on which days (not customized specifically for you, unfortunately, but still a pretty good deal). My favorite part of FitnessBlender is the lack of music, believe it or not! You can always put on your ipod in the background but I love just hearing Daniel and Kelli's encouraging coaching. I can't recommend them highly enough (not a paid spokesperson, lol).

PS their blooper reels crack me up too.
  • euterpe3rd
    Options
    I just bought their beginning workout program. Their website just looked so approachable. I looked at p90x and insanity and was super intimidated. I'm just starting out and this looks perfect for me.

What was your experience with the program? Was it hard to do? I just walked a lot before this.
  • knitapeace
    Options
    Some of it is super hard, I won't lie. I have lots of sore muscle days. But it's a good sore, you know? They give lots of advice for modifying if a move is too hard. You can totally do this!
  • alechua
    alechua Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    HIIT and tabata 45 minutes workout and kelly's strength training! ;)
  • Stayfit72
    Stayfit72 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like it because you can choose shorter workouts on days you don't have the time for longer workouts. That was my problem with insanity- if I could not commit the time I did nothing. I love fitness blender!
  • bigmamabird
    bigmamabird Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Excellent! I'm a stay at home Mom and I don't have enough money for a gym membership. I'll be able to fit these in during nap time. This is JUST what I needed! Thank you very much!
  • 2shedz
    2shedz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I totally love Fitness Blender. Kelli and Daniel are just so adorable! Not intimidating like so many TV trainers, so encouraging, and they explain the proper technique for doing everything so well. Such a good range of options for whatever workout you want. Am doing their four-week beginner low-impact programme and finding it great so far (near end of week 1). I wasn't sure whether to buy the e-book but I really think it's worth it to have the programme all worked out for you, with different bits of your body working on different days so you don't overdo it. And I like how they don't require you to have any equipment and tell you how to use walls and furniture :) THIS WORKOUT IS COMPLETE! Yay :)
  • jessad215
    jessad215 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I agree with what everyone else has said. I just finished their 4 week low-impact program, and it was so useful to have a plan mapped out for me. I like knowing that someone had through through the increases in strength and endurance. I won't lie, some of it was incredibly difficult, especially the strength training bits. But the hardest workouts, you could usually see Daniel or Kelli having the same problems. They do an excellent job talking through how to push yourself and how to modify down when necessary. I love the clean aesthetic--the no music, the white background. I usually put on my own music in the background which was perfect. I sometimes hate the repetitive terrible music that comes with workout videos.
    I'm still trying to figure out whether I'll go on right now to the 8 week programs, or try a different workout system for some variety, but I've been using a few of their videos with no plan while I'm deciding. Definitely worth a try, and such a low cost--free for the videos, and like, 6 dollars for the 4 week program (if i remember correctly)
  • knitapeace
    Options
    I agree with what everyone else has said. I just finished their 4 week low-impact program, and it was so useful to have a plan mapped out for me. I like knowing that someone had through through the increases in strength and endurance. I won't lie, some of it was incredibly difficult, especially the strength training bits. But the hardest workouts, you could usually see Daniel or Kelli having the same problems. They do an excellent job talking through how to push yourself and how to modify down when necessary. I love the clean aesthetic--the no music, the white background. I usually put on my own music in the background which was perfect. I sometimes hate the repetitive terrible music that comes with workout videos.
    I'm still trying to figure out whether I'll go on right now to the 8 week programs, or try a different workout system for some variety, but I've been using a few of their videos with no plan while I'm deciding. Definitely worth a try, and such a low cost--free for the videos, and like, 6 dollars for the 4 week program (if i remember correctly)

I agree with your entire post! I really enjoy running and have been excited for the weather to warm up so I can start again. But I finished the Fitness Blender 4 week beginner program today and I'd really like to jump straight into an 8 week program! I'm so torn! I put a request on their Facebook page that they set up a program for runners to tell us what videos to do on our "off" days to keep up with strength, so maybe one day that will happen...