Let's talk tea!

Options
2»

Replies

• ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    Twinning English breakfast tea usually. Green tea made with first a little cold water topped up with hot water if I fancy it
  • bl1nk6
    bl1nk6 Posts: 175
    Options
    Green tea is supposed to be the healthiest ... i hate tea but had to drink it under doctors orders once to detox my stomach before an op so tried allsorts of green tea and apple juice and cranberry juice.. twinnings green tea fruit infusions tasted the best to me and liquorice tea is nice. Its sweet and refreshing too .
  • TommyJensen1987
    Options
    You really have to try a bunch of different teas to find out what you like. I mean there is sooo many different teas out there.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I like to go and stare at the wall of teas wherever I go and just pick out a couple. There are so many options! Pomegranate green tea has been a staple lately, but there are sleepy teas, chammomiles, "healing" teas and other flavors in my basket. Tea is NO DOUBT a really nice habit to adopt when you're trying to cut back on food. Have fun and enjoy!
  • Rianne90
    Rianne90 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Rooibos tea is my absolute favorite (also whole leaf), I like it just plain rooibos flavor or flavored with vanilla or citrus, so good!
  • redfiona99
    redfiona99 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Just remember not to leave your green teas brewing too long :)
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Healthiest is very debatable, some say green tea is better than black and others say they're about the same. Personally, I drink black tea because I like it more. The antioxidant effects are merely a welcome side effect :smile:

I like strong black teas, assam and ceylon mainly. I suggest you don't skip straight to loose leaf, tea is delicious but a bit of an acquired taste...
    Rooibos tea is my absolute favorite (also whole leaf), I like it just plain rooibos flavor or flavored with vanilla or citrus, so good!
    I've been meaning to buy rooibos since forever. I've had it a few times and loved it but I keep forgetting to buy some...
  • Ceilidh_H
    Ceilidh_H Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Rooibos are my favorite but I like a lot of different teas. I would recommend instructions on how to brew different teas since it is not as simple as just adding boiling water. Especially with green teas, they can get very bitter if the water is too hot or if it has steeped too long -they usually need 80 degree water for 3-5 min. I thought I hated green tea until I learned to brew it properly.
  • kellyb63
    kellyb63 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I drink black and green tea. I enjoy a variety. My faves are Tazo ZEN, PASSION and Wild Orange.. China Mist Jasmine and Blackberry is divine, yet pricey! . BIGELOW English Tea Time is a good all around robust black tea.

Tea, presently is helping stave my urge for Diet Colas. Giving up Diet Colas is a big goal for me. Try to make sure I have some at my office, home, in the car, you name it.
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    My go-to tea is Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice....herb tea with nicely sweet cinnamon flavor. Cinnamon has several health benefits, so I understand. I also love Kombucha tea which is a fermented sweet tea....google it for benefits and how to make it!
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Rooibos are my favorite but I like a lot of different teas. I would recommend instructions on how to brew different teas since it is not as simple as just adding boiling water. Especially with green teas, they can get very bitter if the water is too hot or if it has steeped too long -they usually need 80 degree water for 3-5 min. I thought I hated green tea until I learned to brew it properly.

Never knew this.....I'll have to give green tea another try!! Thank you!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    The only way I like any type of black tea is with milk/sugar or honey... so... I don't really drink it. Chai tea with milk and honey is soooooooooo good...

I like some green teas.. there was one made by tazo. it is green tea but with a minty-type flavor that I thought was pretty good. I tend to lose interest in tea after a while. I'm more of a coffee girl.
  • redfiona99
    redfiona99 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Never knew this.....I'll have to give green tea another try!! Thank you!

I don't know if you're in the UK, but I wouldn't go over 3 minutes for any of major green tea brands in the UK.
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I have 3 favorite teas: Earl Grey (the best brand is Bigelow's), Yogi Tea Honey Lavender Stress Relief (absolutely delicious and sweet-tasting without sugar), and Kukicha twig tea (a Japanese toasted twig tea-- delicious and interesting, again without sugar). I'm pleased to have discovered Kukicha, because it is delicious without sweetening, whereas Earl Gray is a tea I only have if I'm feeling OK with adding sugar and milk.
  • IWILLBelieveAchieveInspire
    Options
    I honestly can't drink most teas as the taste makes me gag.lol I don't know what it is about the flavour but I just don't like it. I've tried so many in hopes I could actually swallow it without gagging. BUT>..my girlfriend introduced me to organic dandelion root tea and it's not all that bad. She told me if I drink coffee I would like it because it's very much like coffee taste and she was right. If you keep the tea bag in long it gets nice and dark like coffee too. It does have a kinda earthy taste though.
  • Ceilidh_H
    Ceilidh_H Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You can also try brewing some tea, letting it cool a bit, then putting it in a mason jar and into the fridge. Later on, or the next day you have real iced tea. I sometimes add a few frozen berries to it to sweeten it a bit.
  • michable
    michable Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I like black tea, mostly for the caffeine. 3 or 4 cups a day, with a dash of skim milk. Have never been able to enjoy the taste of coffee, or any of the herbal teas. I did try lemon and ginger tea when I had bad morning sickness, but unfortunately, it made me feel sick!
  • Jazz_2014
    Jazz_2014 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    The Celestrial teas I like Bengal, Lemon Zinger and Orange Mandarin.
    I'm somewhat hooked on a ginger tea presently.
    Black teas, I enjoy Community tea which has Orange flavor.

I used to only enjoy black tea with milk and sugar. Now, if I am not drinking water, I am drinking tea (hot or cold) without milk and not so often with a sweetner.

I also believe the additives quality makes a difference. If I want to add honey, it is Tupulo honey. If I want lemon, I don't use lemon concentrate I squeeze from a fresh lemon.

And some one earlier mentioned the temperatures and times to steep tea is important. I second that.

I found a tea called Horney Goat the other day and sent it as a joke to my sis. She got the joke, but tried the tea. She said it was surprisingly good.
    So if you are thinking about trying teas, I'd say there is a tea out there for you. So many choices.
  • sabbyfairy
    sabbyfairy Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Oolong! It's very light and usually mixed with some form of fruit or flowers if you get it loose leaf (like at Teavana, they have this amazing oolong/chai blend), which means you won't feel the need to sweeten it. It's also very light.
  • Marcel182
    Marcel182 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I also usually drink loose leaf green or white tea. My favorite tea in the world is "Thé des Impressionistes"
    ('Tea of the Impressionists") by Mariage Frères, Paris.

www.mariagefreres.com/boutique/UK/ft+the-des-impressionnistes+T962.html

I also fancy a cup of powdered matcha green tea every now and then, when I'm feeling zen.