It works body wraps

Options

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

P.S. Don't listen to the people who will automatically discount you for even asking. Most of them have never even had a body wrap.

I will never understand this line of logic. There are many things I have never tried in the name of weight loss and yet feel certain they are useless. And feel certain that most would feel are useless.

Vibrator belts, starvation diets, the air diet, eating cotton balls soaked in orange juice, etc. One doesn't have to try something in order for them to know it's not a good idea.

Unless YOU'D not slam any of those until you've tried it? You'd be wasting your time, at least, not ours.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    eat at a deficit and exercise.... really simple
    No. I'd rather eat like a pig while wearing an It Works Body Wrap.
    And I hate exercise. It takes away from my 3 hours of TV watching each night.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Anything that has to be called "It works" to get people to buy it does not work.
  • ladiesnow36
    Options
    I have had several wraps done.. I had also been exercising and "dieting" at the same time. They are very successful for removing toxins and removing "cravings". Some wraps do have "tightening" abilities and you do see instant results, but nothing is permanent if you don't put any effort into it..... It really depends on what you are doing them for as they are not cheap, normally around $100 - $150 depending on the ingredients used and who you have doing them. While I was very successful at loosing inches with the wraps I chose, those inches did eventually "creep" back on.... I would 100% recommend them for detox especially if you have serious sugar or bread cravings.... Good luck with what ever you decide to do.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    This whole theory of how a wrap works is the reason I'm afraid to wear protection.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

P.S. Don't listen to the people who will automatically discount you for even asking. Most of them have never even had a body wrap.

I will never understand this line of logic. There are many things I have never tried in the name of weight loss and yet feel certain they are useless. And feel certain that most would feel are useless.

Vibrator belts, starvation diets, the air diet, eating cotton balls soaked in orange juice, etc. One doesn't have to try something in order for them to know it's not a good idea.

Unless YOU'D not slam any of those until you've tried it? You'd be wasting your time, at least, not ours.

don't forget the hit yourself over the head with a sledgehammer diet

don't knock it 'til you've tried it..
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    This whole theory of how a wrap works is the reason I'm afraid to wear protection.

caroline-laugh.gif
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    If it was that easy, there wouln't be any fat people.

^^^ this

and for every "quick fix" and miracle pill/shake/whatever out there
  • Uhhhlexxxis
    Uhhhlexxxis Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've tried them twice. I didn't see much shrinkage, but it REALLY helped my stretchmarks. Totally worth it in that regard. I'm definitely trying them again, if only for that one reason (they're almost gone!).
    Plus, I failed to drink the right amount of water both times.
  • Nulookdotbody
    Nulookdotbody Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    _the_feniks_ ....... You are funny! The wraps are temporary. I use the infrared ones for detox and relaxation.
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I've tried them twice. I didn't see much shrinkage, but it REALLY helped my stretchmarks. Totally worth it in that regard. I'm definitely trying them again, if only for that one reason (they're almost gone!).
    I've heard this from a few friends as well, turned then from bright red to the faded look over night instead of it taking months...
  • Uhhhlexxxis
    Uhhhlexxxis Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've heard this from a few friends as well, turned then from bright red to the faded look over night instead of it taking months...

I've tried a few products for stretchmarks, and nothing seems to work better than these wraps! I mean I moisturize too and that obviously is helping, but the wraps are an awesome jump start.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,614 Member
    Options
    They encourage you to drink water while you're wrapping, it's not water loss. They promote lipolysis, which is basically a detox of your fat cells, the skin tightening properties of this product are awesome!
    You've been scammed.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I gave it a go, just for the "what the heck, let's experiment" factor, and made some notes about it in my MFP blog: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/hdsqrl

I never followed up on my last post, though...I should do them again (maybe will sleep in one tonight) and see if I notice a difference. Granted, I've been on the MFP train for close to a year now, hit the gym regularly, and eat pretty cleanly, so if these things really are ONLY water loss, that would explain why I didn't see any difference after the first try.

If you have the cash to spend and don't mind if they don't actually work for you, it's a fun experiment. Just don't count on it for long term (or possibly ANY) results. :flowerforyou:
  • verdancyhime
    verdancyhime Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hoax. Sweating in saran wrap is not a new thing. If it worked, there'd not be a fat person left in America.

Also, drinking water does not mean you don't lose water weight. It's not an instant "I take in 8 oz, so another 8 oz is going to flow right back out."

Unfortunately the kink scene in my area can attest to the fact that saran wrap is a terrible fat loss tool.

But losing water weight temporarily can be kind of motivating. It shows what you could look like in a month or so of working hard.
  • 5thanddes
    5thanddes Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    As someone who is using the product as I type, I can say yes they do work but..............with everything in fitness and weight loss their is no easy fix. EVER!

As I see inches come off at a rapid pace, I still eat right, exercise and drink TONS of water. You can refer to me as PEE wee Herman as I can't stop going to the bathroom!!

If anything it is great motivation to continue on the path of healthy living. It's a great detox and yes my stretch marks are starting to become less visable.

I would endorse this product for sure. I would tell everyone who is struggling to lose weight that you should try it, but continue living healthy and keep doing what your doing!
  • Careyann72
    Careyann72 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The personal trainer who does my boot camp class, don't get him started on how awful these things are. I can't remember all the things he went into but it was quite a rant! Lots of technical scientific stuff about how they don't work. And I have some at home, tried them, they really don't do anything but make you cold while you wear them for the 45 minutes your supposed to!! Plus a waste of almost $100 dollars for the wraps and some pills that are supposed to get rid of fat if you take them when you eat. My guess is those are bogus too. Like other's said if it was this easy everybody would do it and be skinny for it! :-)
  • KatieSChaisemom
    KatieSChaisemom Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old thread but I do have quite a bit to say on this topic. I was skeptical of this company for a long time. I watched friends who were in the business for OVER a year. I decided to give it a go and try them out. Do some research , in depth research before you knock it. The company promotes healthy eating and exercise AS WELL as the body wrap, not an alternative to a healthy lifestyle. EVERY product they carry is made from organic natural ingredients. The body wrap specifically you are supposed to wear for 45 minutes, not sweat in it, and drink at least half your body weight in oz of water a day. Yes the results are temporary as in you do 1 wrap it lasts 2-6 months. 1 full treatment is 4 wraps not 1. Check this out. If you stopped eating well and exercising and turned into a couch potato would you not gain your weight back ? Guess what sounds like a healthy lifestyle is temporary too. Also the wraps when used in conjunction with a healthy lifestyle is pretty permanent. Do me a favor, google rusty lackey, or Amanda Arlauskas from season 8's biggest loser she used them to tighten her skin while working out and eating healthy. The wraps are not for WEIGHT LOSS, it is for detoxing the fat cells, tightening skin, and minimizing scars, cellulite, and stretch marks. For the record the wraps aren't the only products sold. There's greens that are a probiotic that also give you 8 + fruits and veggies servings a day, there ProFIT the protein shake that has only 100 calories and 14 grams of protein thats all natural not chemically laden. Theres the carb inhibitors that work in your stomach not your bowels that helps to pull 38% of fat and 70% of carbs out of a fattening meal. Think fat loss not weight loss. We all want to achieve a lower body fat percentage. Theres skincare like facials, lip and eye creams. Most of you who have tried 1 wrap used it for the wrong reason , not to get healthier but for a quick fix.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old thread but I do have quite a bit to say on this topic. I was skeptical of this company for a long time. I watched friends who were in the business for OVER a year. I decided to give it a go and try them out. Do some research , in depth research before you knock it. The company promotes healthy eating and exercise AS WELL as the body wrap, not an alternative to a healthy lifestyle. EVERY product they carry is made from organic natural ingredients. The body wrap specifically you are supposed to wear for 45 minutes, not sweat in it, and drink at least half your body weight in oz of water a day. Yes the results are temporary as in you do 1 wrap it lasts 2-6 months. 1 full treatment is 4 wraps not 1. Check this out. If you stopped eating well and exercising and turned into a couch potato would you not gain your weight back ? Guess what sounds like a healthy lifestyle is temporary too. Also the wraps when used in conjunction with a healthy lifestyle is pretty permanent. Do me a favor, google rusty lackey, or Amanda Arlauskas from season 8's biggest loser she used them to tighten her skin while working out and eating healthy. The wraps are not for WEIGHT LOSS, it is for detoxing the fat cells, tightening skin, and minimizing scars, cellulite, and stretch marks. For the record the wraps aren't the only products sold. There's greens that are a probiotic that also give you 8 + fruits and veggies servings a day, there ProFIT the protein shake that has only 100 calories and 14 grams of fat thats all natural not chemically laden. Theres skincare like facials, lip and eye creams. Most of you who have tried 1 wrap used it for the wrong reason , not to get healthier but for a quick fix.

nice sales pitch :yawn:
  • KatieSChaisemom
    KatieSChaisemom Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thank you :)