Vegans/Vegetarians with open food diarys...

Options
Hiya, am just making the transition to vegetarian and then eventually vegan. Would love to have a bunch of MFP diaries that are open to look at to get idea and help make the transition easier and more exciting!

Loving everything about it so far, just discovered quinoa tonight which is sooo yummy :)

Replies

• DancingDreamer
    Options
    i've been veg all my life (my mom is veg and has been since before i was born) and i have an open diary. feel free to check out what i eat :)
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    if you add me, you can see mine. i've only been vegetarian for about a month, so i'm still getting ideas.
  • MardellD
    Options
    Hi I am a vegan :) have been for a few years and was veg before that. Feel free to add me :) my diary is open, although I will warn that I am not always great with entering things since I am not really trying to watch cals that much right now lol
  • LGIFitness2K11
    Options
    I am a pescetarian (fresh fish is the only meat I will have occasionally) and I am transitioning into vegetarian. I was a vegatarian my whole life until college ( 5 years ago) and my daughter is a vegetarian so you will see a wide range of vegetarian meats and meals and the occasional fish fillet :)
    Feel free to look at my diary it is public!
  • BeatnikKeri
    Options
    Hey all! I am new to this but I think I have a open diary! Yup pretty sure!
    I am vegetarian with vegan tendencies! No milk, no eggs just a little bit of cheese. Although I usually use cashew cheese (I am dutch and love good cheese not just cheddar and mozza). And gluten free! My hubby was born and raised on a cattle wheat farm. The whole fam thinks I'm a little mental! But my hubby understands my opinion and has read my research.
  • HealthyishWithMaggieG
    Options
    Thanks for making this request. I'm learning more about vegan diets and would be curious too. I'm FAAAAAAR from it now, but I'm also learning that it doesn't have to be an all or nothing life either. I think I could do 50/50 easily. I'd like to go beyond that though to where I'm eating more than 50% of my meals as vegan. I just enjoy meat and dairy way too much to give it all up.
  • ckehoe89
    ckehoe89 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for a while now, I think this is a great idea for support and ideas. Sometimes its hard starting off alone. There are so many alternatives out there you'd be amazed. Feel free to look at my diary!
  • Lizzybluts
    Lizzybluts Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have been vegan for about 6 months. At first I was "mostly" vegan because I couldn't give up cheese and yogurt. But, after
    reading The China Study and lots and lots of other material, I couldn't ignore how bad dairy is for me and I am now 100% vegan. It's actually easier than I thought it would be. The grocery stores are starting to carry more and more vegan products like Silk coffee creamer, cream cheese, mozz and cheddar cheese. There are so many websites out there with recipes and lots of great cookbooks, that it really has gotten to be a way of life for me.

I have an excellent macaroni and cheese recipe made with rice macaroni and vegan cheddar. I will post it within the next couple of days (as soon as finals are over). You would never guess it is vegan. (I've actually served it to people without them knowing) and a killer recipe for Red Velvet Cupcakes w Cream Cheese Frosting.

The Engine 2 Diet is another good book. The research is out there. We have cancer and are dying too early because of all chemicals our animals are fed and hormones injected. It's worth looking into it.

Good Luck!

-Lizzybluts
  • Depplover28
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for 3 1/2 years. You're welcome to check out my food diary any time :]
  • TheShrinkingGeek
    Options
    Been vegetarian (with the exception of fish and eggs) for 10 years! Vegan on and off :-)
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post! Bumping for later :smile:
  • amberpaigee
    Options
    Bump!
  • Triguy83
    Triguy83 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have been a vegetarian for 1.5 years
    you can check out my blog at http://fatandtheskinny.blogspot.com/
    or on facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fat-And-The-Skinny/286396353618
    I am always posting recipes, photos, and general info daily.
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    Been vegetarian (with the exception of fish and eggs) for 10 years! Vegan on and off :-)

same.

I'm a pescetarian of 6 or 7 years. Feel free to add me so you can snoop inside my diary