Quest bars. Am I the only one?

Options

Replies

• snapehbp
    snapehbp Posts: 64
    Options
    Love them! cookies and cream is my favorite along with banana bread and the chocolate chip dough one.
  • JoJo__Fit
    JoJo__Fit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I only like 2 flavors, cookies and cream and chocolate chip cookie dough the rest are grossssss
  • FatKidAtHeart88
    FatKidAtHeart88 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I do like that they don't hurt my teeth. But they aren't my favorite bars. I love the zone bars and luna protein bars. But they all don't have nearly as much protein and have extras that could make your stomach not so happy. It really boils down to trying a few different types and seeing which ones you like the best.
  • Marymoe138
    Marymoe138 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am definitely a fan of the cookie and creme bars. I had the cinnamon roll flavored bar the other day and it was absolutely horrid! I ended up tossing it out after eating it at room temperature and sampling a microwaved piece. Ditto to everyone who said they eat them from nutritional value.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I had bought 6 different flavors and hated them all. I prefer Clif Builder Bars and Muscle Milk bars.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    You're not alone, there are soooo many different preferences for those flavors (as I'm sure you're finding out)!
    For me, I cannot stand the chocolate brownie, it's terribly plain. The other flavors are just mediocre, nothing I'd spend that much money on.
    Although I do favor their chocolate chunk and apple pie (only microwaved for that one though)!
    If I want a filling protein bar, I'm a huge fan of OhYeah!'s peanut butter chip victory bars, and PowerBar's Vanilla Protein Plus bars. Protein bars are a huge hit or miss, for that reason I'd only suggest trying them if you can buy them individually (I go to the Vitamin Shoppe). They're a little more expensive when sold separately, but for starting out that's your best bet until you learn what you like. :)
  • fificrazy
    fificrazy Posts: 234
    Options
    They look disgusting. Like, dessert flavored taffy...

But I've ordered 2 free sample bars that should be on their way soon! They do offer that on their website, you know, so you can try before you buy... I hope I don't like them, though, because I wouldn't want to regularly order food off the internet. O__o
  • olehcat
    olehcat Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I ordered a variety pack once and I find them absolutely vile. Ick. Like someone else said, I think they taste like chemicals. Plus I can taste the fake sugar (whatever it is).
  • stephenryan758
    stephenryan758 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Im into pure protein bars. Lower carbs than quest and only a couple Grams of sugar which is not going to hurt you. Your body needs a little sugar per day to help with mental exhaution and concentration. Better bar in My opinion. They have some great flavors and are easier to find.
  • jjflysmfp
    jjflysmfp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am eating them for the nutritional value- they don't taste great but my favorites are the apple pie and double chocolate chunk. I also have some of the cinnamon roll because I thought they tasted great after trying one but I am now growing quickly tired of them.
  • castlerobber
    castlerobber Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I like, or can at least tolerate, most flavors of Quest bars, though they do have a protein-y taste (for lack of a better word). Didn't care for the double chocolate chunk, and I thought the chocolate chip cookie dough was awful--it didn't taste like chocolate chip OR cookie dough. As for the Quest peanut-butter-cup pseudo-candy...don't even go there. It was nasty. I couldn't even finish one cup.

Some of the "protein" bars available at the supermarket have only 10g of soy protein and 25g of carbs (15g sugar), or 20g soy protein with 30g carbs (20g sugar), If I need an energy bar, I'd much rather have a Power Bar or Clif Bar. Quest is the first bar I've found that fit what I expected from a protein bar: Good-quality protein, low sugar, and a taste and texture I can live with. Spendy, yes...I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for "sale" signs at the local GNC, and coupons online.
  • Nadia222222
    Nadia222222 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I love Quest Bars especially heated up a little in the microwave!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mhasita
    mhasita Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yeah that double chocolate chunk one that everyone else loves tastes like fermented sweet n low to me. Gross. But, I love many of the others.

Seems like you and I have similar tastebuds. That's the flavour I bought, and your description of it seems very fitting.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Im into pure protein bars. Lower carbs than quest and only a couple Grams of sugar which is not going to hurt you. Your body needs a little sugar per day to help with mental exhaution and concentration. Better bar in My opinion. They have some great flavors and are easier to find.

Some are so disgusting. I ended up tossing a box of the s'mores ones. I have a chocolate cookie dough one still in my cupboard... should probably toss it too. I love their soft baked ones though, but they're nowhere as filling as Quest bars unfortunately (and have less protein).

I'd much rather eat Kind, Cliff or Luna bars as well, but they just have way too much sugar and not enough protein for the calories.
  • stephenryan758
    stephenryan758 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Strawberry shortcake has 29 grams of protein. Only 4 grams of sugar.
  • mamacoates
    mamacoates Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    One thing to keep in mind is they are protein bars first. They are nutritionally designed to be okay for diabetics and for people who must maintain dairy-free diets. With that in mind, I think they do a pretty good job on flavor and texture.

But if you are thinking, "OOO yum, looking for something to treat myself with ... " it wouldn't be a Quest bar.

With that said, we went to a health fair at our local vitamin shop this past weekend. Quest Bar rep was there giving out free samples. Between the 4 of us who went together, we got to sample many different flavors, and they really aren't so bad for what they are. But yes, more expensive than competitive brands but a high quality option for people with dietary restrictions.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Nope, you aren't the only one. I prefer Clif Builder's Bars. I like the nutrition values in them a bit more as well.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I like neither the taste nor the texture of the ones I've tried.
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    It's not my favorite thing in the world to eat, but if I'm going to eat a protein bar or a protein shake as a supplement it's by far the best I've ever tasted.

That said I do sometimes have to force myself to eat it, but I usually have to with anything made of whey protein... it’s just got that funky whey taste to it.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    that don't like them?

I just wasted 20$ :/

Definitely not, big waste of money. Home made granola bars beats them every time.