Focus T25 Support Group

Options

Replies

• melissaka7
    melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I started Sunday (2/23) and have done everything but the stretch day. I'm an Insanity girl (did a round & a half, got T25 right before I was scheduled to start month 2). Feel free to add me. Please send a message with your request.
  • boogaloo38
    boogaloo38 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Hoping someone can help me out....I have the insanity program but find all the pushups etc hard due to tendonitis in my wrist. It is just too much and really aggravates it. I usually do situps during those exercises. Can someone tell me if T25 is the same or is there a small amount of pushups??

Thanks so much!

Have you tried buying those perfect push up thingies? Ive heard those help. But No, I would not say there are a lot of push ups. There aren't any in Cardio..
  • boogaloo38
    boogaloo38 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I recently started Focus t25 and got really discouraged on day 2. I am not coordinated at all and feel silly trying to keep up even with Tanya. I need a little encouragement.

Amber, it really does take a little practice. Shaun T has a dancing background so the coordinated moves come very easily to him. My husband was like wtf? I try to do the move slowely until I get it, leave the arms out so you can focus on your legs and then build from there. Even if you are doing the move half as quickly as him in the beginning, at least you are doing it. There aren't many moves so eventually you will get it. Keep at it!
  • MadFrankie99
    MadFrankie99 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, I'm not coordinated either when it comes to aerobics style moves, kick, twist, punch etc etc

I just go at my pace and make sure I do each move properly. My take is that it's better to do 10 moves correctly rather than 20 with really bad form.

I've also noticed that a couple of the moves in day 3 and 4 are the same as 1 and 2 so I'd guess that they become easier the more you do them.

Keep at it and give it at least the alpha phase, if you still aren't 'in the swing' then see what weight loss you've had and decide if its right for you.
  • runningkathy
    runningkathy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Took all my before shots and measurements today. Ready to start on Monday!
  • KariRDH
    KariRDH Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just got my T25 and planning to start Monday. I'm feeling a bit intimidated....I put on Alpha Cardio DVD just to try it and only made it about 12 minutes with the modifier...yikes! Looking for improvement day by day!! Id love to have some new friends so feel free to FR me.
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Im starting on Tuesday! I have more time on saturdays to do the double workout
  • fe_nyx
    fe_nyx Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today! I did the cardio on Saturday just to try it out, and really enjoyed it. It kicked my butt for sure, but I felt great afterwards. Bit stiff yesterday though, but I know that will pass. Good luck to others starting today :)
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I've been doing a hybrid, doing Gamma and some Beta now and other cardio DVD's to mix it up when I have more time than 25 minutes.
    I overall like it a lot, nothing is perfect but it packs a punch for 25 minutes. I find most of the moves doable, maybe not as fast, but they aren't too complicated. If I can't do one, I do one close to it.

I am probably too late in the game to join but I wish everyone luck.
  • moxy28
    moxy28 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm new to mfp. How do I join this group. Got my T25 Friday(my 28th Birthday) I can't wait to see what I look like on my 29th!!! Feeling nervous!
  • melanieanne_
    Options
    I'd like to be a part of this group! Started the workouts March 1st (yesterday). Just did Speed 1.0 this morning! Whew. Definitely using the modified moves at some points to try and catch my breath. Definitely a good indicator that I need to be working on my cardio :)
  • maijeremy
    Options
    Starting 2mrw um so excited. i lyk hw tz js 25mins per session.:smile:
  • fe_nyx
    Options
    Just for giggles..... Anyone else notice that ahem... Scott forgot to put on undies in the Cardio routine....
    Haha was canning myself this morning while working out.....

That was all I could see this morning while I was working out. hahahaha So distracting lol
  • jenniferevon
    Options
    Just started it. Love it so far. That 25 minutes flies by. I usually add another 5 minutes of stretching.
  • MadFrankie99
    MadFrankie99 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Was just about to start a March group but found this one...

Let's use this one for help and support.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/19540-focus-t25-march-challenge-group

If the link doesn't work I just searched for T25 March in the groups.
  • micheledsc
    micheledsc Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm on day one, week 2, can't say I LOVE it, but I just took my measurements and after one week, I've lost an inch on my bust, hips and waist! I follow Tanya the modifier, and sometimes I have to modify her as I can't keep up. I'm determined tho, I have friends who are on week 6 & 7 and have lost a lot of weight. We can do this!!!
  • fe_nyx
    Options
    I did Speed 1.0 this morning. Wow, if I didn't know I was uncoordinated before, I sure do now. Some of the moves might take me a bit to master, but I'll get there
  • swhipple4
    swhipple4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Starting new cycle (alpha week 1) today(March 3) feel free to add me! :)
  • KariRDH
    KariRDH Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Today was my first day. It wasn't pretty. I modified the entire time. But I stayed focused and kept moving! I really like the way Shaun T explains the movements and can encourage me! I can't wait to get stronger. Day by day....
  • want_it_25
    want_it_25 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    First day down and I barely made it. Im happy that its only 25 minutes.