I was doing soooo good..until.

Options
2»

Replies

• Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to be rude but I am not sure how Dennys ruined much. You had Mcdonalds two days during the week beforehand and nowhere in your diary could I see a meal made at home. You mentioned 'clean eating' and I didn't see much of this. I am far far from perfect in my eating at all times and I do eat out 2 times a week probably but you might want to consider making some meals at home so you know what you are putting in your body. I find it very hard to log accurately otherwise.
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I eat Denny's often, and I've lost weight. If I ever see it as the problem or any of my cheat days maybe I will stop, but till then don't beat yourself up.
  • 24lol25
    24lol25 Posts: 49
    Options
    Try not to sweat it too much. Just remember Tomorrow is a new day and you can eat healthy again then.
  • diamonddaveperry
    diamonddaveperry Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Lots of restaurants and fast food in your diet. We've all been there and no one's perfect, but I'd cut back on the eating out.

Then you'll REALLY feel bad when you eat at Denny's! ;)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with eating out. However it looks like you almost exclusively eat out and that can be a problem for logging accuracy. Restaurant cooks are not going to be accurately weighing out ingredients for the most part. I saw some pretty shady entries in your diary. Salmon has more calories than you're logging, for example.

Here's a good read for you:

http://www.fitnessfactreview.com/the-art-science-of-calorie-counting/

For starters:
    Cook at home as much as possible so you can control the ingredients.
    Buy a food scale to weigh your portions
    Look for the usda entries in the database. Those are the ones with no asterisk. You can find them easily by adding "raw" to your search, or if that doesn't work, add "USDA". Ex: raw atlantic salmon, USDA raw tomato
  • bettyjoburdett
    bettyjoburdett Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Ugh, was doing so good with my diet and eating right and exercising.
    and then i just had to go to dennys and ruin it. whyyyyy.
    so frustrated with myself. i feel like i have to start from square one now.

i also felt really sick eating all that stuff after ive been eating clean. bleh.

You just forget today and tomorrow will take care of itself and you.
  • cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Ugh, was doing so good with my diet and eating right and exercising.
    and then i just had to go to dennys and ruin it. whyyyyy.
    so frustrated with myself. i feel like i have to start from square one now.

i also felt really sick eating all that stuff after ive been eating clean. bleh.

you eat out a lot, so do we (I) easy to make the wrong choices, so you need to think then order... so at McDonalds instead of those large fries you could have had a salad! if you really wanted the fries get a small. Stop drinking full calorie drinks, Lemonade and Sweet Teas... not good, when you go to a restaurant like Chili's or Denny's get water! Did you know you can get water at fast food places too instead of a soda pop and they all offer a light lemonade!

Cut those calories where you can, you can eat a normal diet, even a 'teen/young adult' diet but you have to make smarter choices... no more Large!

Try mixing a yogurt with any kind of cereal you want, read the box and only take a serving size and mix it in the bowl with any kind of yogurt you want and you'll love it! Very filling and it's crunchy... try it for breakfast.

Remember you are making life choices and yes you will blow it sometimes, but don't make that a habit!
  • Polishprinsezz
    Polishprinsezz Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    today is my 5 week anniversary of my starting this weightloss journey. while i have had tastes here and there of non friendly foods, i did not binge and i still got the taste i craved. i feel this journey has been going very well so far too. maybe have one or two days a month designated to indulging at your favorite restaurant. that is what i do. i am seeing results too.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    You really should limit your restaurant food to an occasional thing, not a daily thing. Calorie counts are really high (plus the sodium) at McDonald's, chilis, Denny's. How about eat out once a week? Make your own sandwiches and salads, eat lots of fruit and veggies. Try yogurt or protein shakes.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    put on workout pants and go for a run.....
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine meeting my deficit targets with a 32 oz SK in my day.