Your favorite frozen dinners/meals?

Options
124»

Replies

• knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Personally I would do as previously suggested - make a meal and take your dinner portion out and immediately portion the rest and put them in the freezer - honestly if you have 5 frozen dinners in your freezer what is stopping you from nuking and second or third one?

Self control is the key here not cheating yourself of the healthy homemade foods. In a pinch though i do buy frozen veggie lasagna or pizzas when I don't have time to cook but again it's about having a proper portion because those are at least 4 - 6 portions as there are two of us in the household and one is a 23 yr old man who can eat anything and in volume.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I always thought Stouffers was high calorie... Is it not?

I love frozen meals when I have a craving. I have yet to find very filling ones though.
  • fificrazy
    fificrazy Posts: 234
    Options
    Kashi makes the best meals! Still looks like real, fresh food out of the microwave and they have everything to vegan and vegetarian options. They sell them at Target!
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I don't tend to buy full microwave meals (There just aren't many I like but there's some delicious chicken curry ones) but I use frozen food a lot, such as fish fingers, chicken goujons, breaded fish or chicken fillets etc. They're easy and I only buy low calories ones, so I just add loads of boiled veg and I have a dinner. :)
  • nikki_dw
    nikki_dw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Anything Amy's brand!
  • Susan2BHealthier
    Susan2BHealthier Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's Chicken Tikka Masala with Basmati Rice- 300 calories for the whole package. As good as any Indian restaurant Tikka Masala.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's Chicken Tikka Masala with Basmati Rice- 300 calories for the whole package. As good as any Indian restaurant Tikka Masala.

i agree, that is pretty darn good
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Marie Callenders: The Steak & Roasted Potatoes & the Salisbury Steak meals are pretty decent
    Smart Ones: The Santa Fe Rice & Beans
    Morning Star: Riblets
    Quorn: Chik'n Patties
    Lean On Me baking company has a few quiches that are good
  • sealionwoman23
    Options
    I agree about the TJ's Chicken Tikka Masala... Delicious!

Also, I really like the Aldi fit n active Southwest Veggie Sandwich. Basically just a Lean Pocket, but they're delicious! And cheap! It's around 270 calories and $2.79 (at least around here) for a box of two.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I cook a lot, but I also keep these things in my freezer:

Morningstar Farms spicy black bean burger and roasted garlic quinoa burger
    Gardenlites butternut squash soufle
    Vitatops chocolate or blueberry
    Cauliflower, sweet potato fries, and mixed veggies

I also make large pots of things like Moroccan stew, chili, and posole and put bowls in the freezer.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Red Baron personal pizzas are the bomb.com
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Amy's Pesto Tortellini Bowl - It's my ABSOLUTE favorite, but I have to cut back because of the sodium. :cry:
  • kitkatkarr
    kitkatkarr Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Im just going to answer the question and not read the rest of other people posts.

yum.. mac n cheese
  • lbride
    lbride Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I like the frozen breakfast burritos (about 250-260 cals each, varies by brand). Have one plus a cut up fruit or veggie and I'm good. Or have two, and that's still only 500 cals or so.
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Smart ones roasted turkey and mashed potatoes
    Lean Cuisine Garlic Chicken Spring Rolls
    Smart Ones Thai Noodles and Chicken (they changed it so I don't like it as much anymore)

I haven't been eating frozen meals a lot lately. I usually do smart ones and lean cuisine for lunch if I do.