I am ready for my New Years Resolution!!

Options
pdandy
pdandy Posts: 38 Member
March 2, 2014... March I said! And I am finally ready to look at my New Years Resolution! lol

Life has been one emotional, mental, physical and spiritual roller coaster for me the last few years. I had seen my doctor on a few occasions reguarding the stressors in my life. His first suggestion was to start moving, eat right.. get healthy. That is, until I shared some of what has been going on in my life. The focus then moved to, getting enough sleep, decreasing stress and receiving counselling services. I think things are fairly stable now and I am able to breath a little freer and sleep is starting to happen with the help of melatonin nightly.

I have gained about ten pounds in the last 6 months... which doesnt seem like a whole lot. But considering that i was 198ish last year and i am only 5'1" and 39 years old, it is a huge deal. I have hit my all time weight high. Not an accomplishment that I am overly proud of.

I have started to come to a bit of an awakening the last week, where I am seeing food for what it is... and the food that i have been indulging in is horrible. the late night snacks... the actually getting up in the middle of the night to find something to munch on... I feel physically sick afterward.

I have spent the last few days in the grocery store buying a few new fruits and vegetables here and there, made some delicious home made soups will little snacking and minimal junk food in comparison to the last few months. And low and behold, Im not starving to death... who woulda knew!

I set up my late moms mini trampoline today, found some workouts, tomorrow I will put it to use!

I cannot be beaten down anymore by my past. I cannot allow food to control me. I cannot run to food for my comfort.

I have been blessed with a fairly good health thus far. I am starting to see the effects of obesity and unhealthy eating with a fatty liver, body pains due to the excess weight, pain when walking... etc etc... all obesity related issues. I have fallen with this battle so many times, its never too late to get back up and get started again. Time to stop risking my life and health. I do not want to suffer as i age when there are things that i can do right now!

Please friend me, wave me on and i will do the same for you! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• LisaAG5
    LisaAG5 Posts: 17
    Options
    You can do it! The best part is, for me at least, is that this ap makes you accountable to yourself. It's so great to see progress even if it's only a little at a time. You can do it! Good luck! -Lisa
  • pdandy
    pdandy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I love the app, i have used it many many times! lol Each time i come back to it i realize how awesome it really is. lol :ohwell:
  • DP325i
    DP325i Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    bump