Shrinking the Trouble Zones

Options
So, I have a lot of trouble, as a woman, in the area of the stomach and the bottom. I'm a bit wide in the hips and also I have this ridiculous pouch thing on my lower stomach. I have about 5-10 more pounds to lose, give or take, but I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to shrink this areas a bit in inches. I run or do a cardio video 5 times a week, but is there anything else I should be adding to my workouts to help with those spots? I do try to add in some core exercises, but none of them seem to be helping!

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Can't spot reduce - fat comes off where it wants to come off, unfortunately. A small calorie deficit is best for fat loss. Are you doing all cardio for exercise? Some form of strength or resistance training is helpful too. Body weight exercise or weights, dumbbells or go for the big stuff if you have access to them.

New Rules of Lifting For Women, Stronglifts 5x5 are good programs, or check out the FitnessBlender.com website - lots of great free videos with a variety of workouts, some with weights, some just body weight.
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Can't spot reduce - fat comes off where it wants to come off, unfortunately. A small calorie deficit is best for fat loss. Are you doing all cardio for exercise? Some form of strength or resistance training is helpful too. Body weight exercise or weights, dumbbells or go for the big stuff if you have access to them.

New Rules of Lifting For Women, Stronglifts 5x5 are good programs, or check out the FitnessBlender.com website - lots of great free videos with a variety of workouts, some with weights, some just body weight.

That!

If there was a way to spot reduce, I would have a flat stomach + I would still have boobs ;) lol
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I know someone on MFP that lost over 130 pounds and her stomach is FLAT. Her only two workouts are walking and weights. If you're already doing cardio I would suggest weights. I wish we could spot reduce, too. Saddlebags, ugh !
  • janet50561
    Options
    I love FitnessBlender!
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    me too! Same issue! I decided new month new routine...wish me luck!
  • LiveMore101
    LiveMore101 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses! I realize that I can't spot reduce, but I don't believe that I have a TON to lose anywhere but on my stomach... Well, perhaps my rear could use a bit of work. ;) I do cardio and weights. Weights and strength training I do about 3-4 times a week. (like today for example). But, when it comes to weights, I don't see how that affects my core. Maybe I should look up some exercises that require weights and that help the abs... That might be a solution.

But, thank you for all your answers!
    Good luck to those out there who are in the same boat as me! We can do this!