Jeans too small for my butt

Options
Does anyone else have this problem? I have to buy jeans 2 or 3 sizes larger so my butt fits in them. My waist is 29" and my butt is 43" . Hopefully that's the first to oh for me when I lose the weight lol. Are their any jeans out there for this problem.

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I don't have the problem you describe, but I need to let you know that the most problematic areas are generally the last to go. Also, much of how we are shaped just is, thus while we can lose weight and fat our general shape stays the same. So, when your waist gets down to 24, your behind might be 37. You never know, though.

I have pretty narrow hips and a small butt, but my chest is a bit oversized. I have lost a lot of it but it certainly was the last to go.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I pretty much have the same issue my waist is 28 and my hips are 43, I can fit a 12/14 and I have to take the waist up (sorry, I'm a seamstress), if you are done losing it might be worth the cost to have them altered - but beware sometimes when you get the waist to fit they might be really hard to get up over your butt! I had this problem, try using safety pins first and then you can see how they will work getting on and off.

I have yet to actually find any jeans that actually work off the rack!

You are not alone :indifferent:
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    My hips are 42 and my waist is 26. I wear Lucky Brand jeans. They're expensive but they last a long time. 10 years and counting.
  • bunkahes
    bunkahes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    My waist is 48 and my butt/hips are 52, and i just thought it was just women issue, but i did find something to help,
    1. buy pants that they are stretch jeans
    2 buy pants that they are boot cut,

Its like when you buy boot cut pants there extra space for a women butt
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I just like the thread title:)
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Just over a year ago around my bum was 40" and my waist was 33". To date I've lost about 7 inches off both measurements so I'm thinking you may always have this problem but you never know where the fats going to come off. Would low rise jeans help as they'd be wider to fit round the hips? Edited to say that I have to buy jeans with a bit of stretch otherwise they gape at the back and everyone can see more than I'd like them to when I sit down so could stretchy jeans be the answer? Some places have quite thick ones to hide lumps and bumps :)
  • sshintaku
    sshintaku Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    There's a couple companies that make curvy fit jeans, which help some. I know both Levi, Gap and Old Navy run lines.
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    Options
    Liz Claiborne generally fits pretty well for women with curve-appeal :wink:
  • crispsandwich
    crispsandwich Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    levis do different shaped jeans but are costly, my daughter wears the top shop Jamie I think
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I almost have the same problem. My waist is 29" and my butt is 41". Even if I don't wear my jeans around my waist but actually lower, most of them will fit on my thighs-butt while being too big on my waist. I find it easier to wear shorts that are vaguely big on my waist-back and a bit tight on my butt-thighs. It doesn't bother me too much, I have 2-3 pairs of shorts and I can wear them kind of comfortably. I always prefer to wear skirts for this reason though... I think they fit me best since I'm some kind of "hourglass" shape with big bum.
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I have read that PZI are really good for curves.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    There's a couple companies that make curvy fit jeans, which help some. I know both Levi, Gap and Old Navy run lines.

this...I like old navy sweatheart jeans..they fit my 38 butt and 29 waist great.
  • Britbail1
    Britbail1 Posts: 13
    Options
    I pretty much have the same issue my waist is 28 and my hips are 43, I can fit a 12/14 and I have to take the waist up (sorry, I'm a seamstress), if you are done losing it might be worth the cost to have them altered - but beware sometimes when you get the waist to fit they might be really hard to get up over your butt! I had this problem, try using safety pins first and then you can see how they will work getting on and off.

I have yet to actually find any jeans that actually work off the rack!

You are not alone :indifferent:
    wow almost the same lol
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    ++ for Old Navy Sweetheart. I wore them yesterday with some boots and a tight turtleneck, and my butt looked SO fine!
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    My issue are my thighs....I can wear a size 6 but my thighs keep it snug in that area so I move up a couple of sizes depending on the brand.
  • Momto4minions
    Momto4minions Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I too have a hig butt and cannot lie...hehehe

I have a 29/30 inch waist and 41 inch hips. I also have full thighs.
    I always get some with a nit of stretch, so I can wear the size that fits all over best.

I love nine west, some tommy hilfiger, i just got some liz claiborn, and lucky.

Sometimes Costco carries lucky and liz. They tend to be much cheaper there. But no chanigng rooms, so y have to take home and return until you find the size and cut.

I have never found a pair of ON that fit my thighs.

I have been told the levi cuvy ID is good too , though I have no experience.
  • bms34b
    bms34b Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Levi curve ID: Bold curve :) They have one that's more curvy, too. Bold curve is what works for me.