I'm freaking out that I ate too much today.. Help!

2»

Replies

• jccst9
    jccst9 Posts: 58 Member
    I busted my *kitten* on Saturday. I ate super clean and stayed active and was under my calorie goal... Then Saturday night happened.

Sunday I had the hangover from Hell and I spent about 10 hours on my couch. I ate half a box of Girl Scout cookies and about 5 servings out of the family size bag of Cool Ranch Doritos. Oops.

If you feel you've made a mistake, learn from it and let it go. Even though I feel like some of the individuals who replied to this were kinda rude and mocking you a little, I would be inclined to agree that you should probably seek some type of professional assistance with your health and fitness goals. Perhaps a nutrionist and/or a personal trainer. Just a suggestion. I, nor anyone else for that matter, has the right to look down their nose at you. No two people are the same and I hope you (quickly) find what works for you. Best of luck to you!
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Did I really just waste time reading this? Really. That is like 500 calories of food. You need to log your food and become concerned about eating healthy and not about fitting into a size 4 pair of jeans. You also need to get professional assistance because you are headed toward an eating disorder.

Good luck!
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    You for sure need a detox now. Maybe a liver cleanse. Or a body wrap. One of those. Or all three. Def do a juice fast no matter what though.
  • Chill, life is to short!
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Seriously, if you don't already have an ED, I think you could be headed that way. You need some help getting a healthy relationship with food if eating what you did is going to cause you to freak out about it. I know you're a teenager and lots of things can cause you to freak out (I have a teenage daughter myself and was once a teenager, too) but if you feel this way about food often, then I would talk to your parents. At a size 7, I doubt you even need to lose weight. Work on being fit and changing your body that way. Best of luck to you.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    The perception of these younger females are horrid. I wish they would take the time to figure out what healthy really is about and stop whining/freaking out when they overeat by having salad!!!
  • xenu01
    xenu01 Posts: 117 Member
    Okay, right now I feel so guilty cause I feel so stuffed..! I made a spinach salad with cucumbers, strawberry, and lite raspberry vinaigrette. After that I made so instant oatmeal it's original so it has no flavor and I slice up some strawberry's and threw them in the oatmeal. Then my family made some polenta and I had a piece of that. After this I went down and exercised.. Played 15 minutes of soccer, and did some cardio and that was all about 45 minutes of workout. Than At 8pm I made some air popped popcorn and ate some. So that's all i had but I feel so full and I feel like I ate so much! Am i just thinking this or what.. :frown:

I feel like some of the replies here are less than gentle but their intentions are good. Maybe it wouldn't be the worst thing for you to talk to someone like a therapist about your relationship with food right now (also don't feel like you're some kind of freak- probably 70% of this country has some sort of weird relationship with food!). That said, be gentle with yourself. It's ok if you ate too much today. Just take healthy eating habits one day at a time. Also, maybe you should take a break from this food-logging thing? Calorie counting is great for some people and for others, it's like instant-ED-just-add-water. Maybe you should take a week off and just try eating intuitively (when you are hungry, stop eating when you're not)?
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    the bottle of wine i drank saturday night had more calories than your entire "I'm SO STUFFED I CAN'T MOVE" day. get over it.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    I agree with ACHRYA. Relax honey, don't get koo koo over it. it will even out. it's ok to eat.
  • tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    Everyone giving serious replies to someone who is clearly either a troll or has an ED is doing the community a disservice.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    wow all that food really? AMG....

sounds like appetizers to me...

18=drama...I have a few young men in my life the same age...I am so used to this:yawn:
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    If by polenta you mean mamaliga, then I wouldn't eat it if you paid me.
    That's all I got...

Maybe you're freaking out because of the lack of steak?
  • Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    I would have been very happy with that as a low cal meal! The only things would freak out about is eating too little.
  • brewji
    brewji Posts: 752 Member
    Seeing as the message board is just going to criticise you, I offer my condolences as I've been through this myself, a few times.

What I managed to do, is figure out that when I worry about these things, time ticks by, and there are only a few hours before I need to sleep that night. What do I do? Realize that an hour of slow walking burns me roughly 250-300 calories.

So, I go out on a slow walk, or jog on the spot at home. Whatever I can to burn calories and reduce my net intake. It makes me feel less worried, as my "red zone" numbers become smaller, and it releases natural "good-feeling" chemicals from my brain.

Just remember to log *everything*. We learn best from mistakes, and f*(k everyone else that criticises you; they would rather play the easy way out of "blame-and-leave", instead of putting some thought into it.

Good luck OP :)
  • Dandman1990
    Dandman1990 Posts: 196 Member
    Seeing as the message board is just going to criticise you, I offer my condolences as I've been through this myself, a few times.

What I managed to do, is figure out that when I worry about these things, time ticks by, and there are only a few hours before I need to sleep that night. What do I do? Realize that an hour of slow walking burns me roughly 250-300 calories.

So, I go out on a slow walk, or jog on the spot at home. Whatever I can to burn calories and reduce my net intake. It makes me feel less worried, as my "red zone" numbers become smaller, and it releases natural "good-feeling" chemicals from my brain.

Just remember to log *everything*. We learn best from mistakes, and f*(k everyone else that criticises you; they would rather play the easy way out of "blame-and-leave", instead of putting some thought into it.

Good luck OP :)

I'm confused... So her post about eating a salad and then working out for 45 mins leads you to believe that she needs to exercise more before she sleeps? Ermm... Okay then.

We all play the 'blame and leave' game do we? I put plenty of thought into my response. The salad described by the OP is clearly 500- calories unless she upended about half a bag of sugar into her vinaigrette which is somewhat unlikely. You sir are playing the "encouraging someone to starve themselves by burning more calories than they eat" game.
    Either way the OP is trolling or simply has some personal issues with food/ self image that they need to get some help with.