What's crunchy and awesome that's not celery or carrots?

2»

Replies

• GummyHuman
    GummyHuman Posts: 193 Member
    How about Doritos? (just one serving as a snack and not a bag as a meal)
  • abble_pie
    abble_pie Posts: 144 Member
    sliced bell peppers dipped in hummus is a great snack
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    I come from a background of eating poorly. Junk food, etc. Like, sometimes dinner would be a bag of Doritos.
    Basically I'm wondering what's a good vegetable to eat that's, you know, crunchy. I've eaten carrots and celery until I'm almost sick of them. I've got hummus to eat along with whatever anyone suggests. :P

The Walking Dead comes on tonight, so I needs me some low calorie crunchy vegetabley goodness. :3

Nothing brings on the appetite like watching a zombie munch on a corpse! :laugh:

Personally, I love raw squash, either butternut, acorn, zucchini or yellow with hummus, but itself, with peanut butter or a little bit of fat free cream cheese. Yes, I know, sounds horrible but it's tasty - better than

AvD0dIH.jpg
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Apples :)
    I love whole grain tortilla chips with hummus too. I like Food Should Taste Good's multigrain chips.
    Also, some dry-roasted unsalted nuts make an awesome crunchy snack.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Another vote here for PICKLES!

You can consume mass quantities with (almost) no calories. Just don't worry about water retention due to the sodium.
  • nadiyahl
    nadiyahl Posts: 2 Member
    Roast some broccoli with garlic and olive oil.
  • enchantedgardener
    enchantedgardener Posts: 214 Member
    Raw fennel It's my new favourite snacking vegetable ever!!!

Lots of my other go-to veggies have already been mentioned: peppers, sugar snap peas, asparagus, cucumber

I like pickled beets a lot too, when I'm craving something crunchy and vinegary.