Hardest Most Challenging Exercise Ever

Options

Replies

• Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Burpees! I cannot yet do them in a public place because I am sure it would embarrass everyone! LOL. I just feel so uncoordinated when I do them.
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Burpees are tough, for sure. Try adding hand weights (manmakers). I used to train with a woman who did 1 pushup with every burpee AND ended with a kneeslap. She's one tough woman.

But they're not the toughest. The toughest is any race day. A race day ALWAYS out-toughs a training day. Like A-L-W-A-Y-S.
  • 3P0X
    3P0X Posts: 302
    Options
    Screen-Shot-2012-10-24-at-9.12.34-AM-640x427.png

Nearly torn my adductor magnus and shattered my ego.
  • copselily
    copselily Posts: 117
    Options
    Definitely burpees.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Lunges. ugggh hate them
  • beverley770
    beverley770 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Agree, definitely the Burpee! Or the Plank to Push-Up for 45 Seconds :explode:
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Jumping jacks. Sounds totally lame but for some reason they just kill me!
  • MyPureSteez
    MyPureSteez Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Burpees for sure!
  • NikiaSue
    NikiaSue Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    :happy: after googling "burpee", I will try this tonight, then more than likely agree with you
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Bulgarian split squats. I really really hate those.
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Agree, definitely the Burpee! Or the Plank to Push-Up for 45 Seconds :explode:

Plank push ups are killers. Going to start up those again, too
  • julasd
    julasd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    lunges or squats..I start shaking like crazy
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Pull Ups for me. Kind of like burpees and love press ups and less so chin ups BUT the pull up...stand there contemplating what's to come and trying to persuade myself I CAN do one at least. Need to work on back and lat strength for sure.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    snatches or turkish get up.
    but are pretty technical and hard to cheat on without failing. i can cheat like hell on a burpee, so it's not even on the top 10 of my most challenging exercise
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I like trying out odd body weight things, just to try them. This morning I did tricep extension pushups. Basically, normal plank position, elbows under shoulders, arms pointing away from feet, palms down. Now raise up to a pushup, and then back down to elbows.
    Eventually this will lead to a superman pushup, where I lay down, and my arms are almost fully extended over head, before I try to get onto palms and toes. Someday, maybe.

And then there is the Body Weight Walking Lunge Into One-Leg Romanian Deadlift
    Stand with hands on hips or clasped behind neck. Lunge forward with first leg. Land on heel then forefoot. Lower body by flexing knee and hip of front leg until knee of rear leg is almost in contact with floor. Stand up, and in one fluid motion, raise the rear leg behind you while bending forward in a one-legged romanian deadlift. return to a standing position and then lunge forward with the opposite leg, repeating with the opposite side, thus walking forward.
    This was designed by the Ministry of Silly Walks.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Yes, pull ups and one leg wall sits. Ugh
  • Jollybeard
    Jollybeard Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yes on pull ups. Wow those are hard.
  • bigobelly
    bigobelly Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Swinging a 45# kettlebell after a 30min cardio and 30min mixed weights routine.
  • liftsforchocolate
    Options
    I spent half an hour trying to do one of those super planche things, and just ended up looking stupid.

My brother thought I was trying to and couldn't do a push-up. I did 50 of them right in front of him (not the girly ones) just to prove it to him -_-
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    TRX 1 legged squats