stressed and losing hope cox m losing weight :(

Options
I m confused.. my BMR is 1526 and Tdee is 2298.. how many calories should i be taking? I burn about 300 calories on my treadmill 6 times a week. MFP asked me intake of 1200 calories to lose 1kg per week but i m hardly losing 0.5 per week. I m 176lbs, 5'5 in height n 29 years. Plz help.. what should i do? Is my calorie intake less?

Replies

• NarmeenShariq
    Options
    Bump
  • LTKeegan
    LTKeegan Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    If you've got a fair bit to lose, do TDEE-20%. So 2298-460 = 1838.

Dont eat less than your BMR, thats the amount of calories needed just for basic chemical processes.

Also:

1. Measure all of your food with a scale.
    2. Be honest and track everything.
    3. Be honest about how many calories you actually burn, MFP overestimates a lot
    4. Measure your body, measure hips, waist, and neck. You may see movement in these before you see movement on the scale.
  • marinashakeel
    marinashakeel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    If you've got a fair bit to lose, do TDEE-20%. So 2298-460 = 1838.

Dont eat less than your BMR, thats the amount of calories needed just for basic chemical processes.

Also:

1. Measure all of your food with a scale.
    2. Be honest and track everything.
    3. Be honest about how many calories you actually burn, MFP overestimates a lot
    4. Measure your body, measure hips, waist, and neck. You may see movement in these before you see movement on the scale.

THIS^
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    lose 1kg per week but i m hardly losing 0.5 per week. I m 176lbs, 5'5 in height n 29 years.

You're losing 0.5 kg per week? Or 0.5 lbs per week? In either case, there is no reason to be stressed. If you're having a hard time maintaining your sanity and emotions on 1200, you could eat more. Maybe try the 1850 someone else suggested.

The important thing is, if you're accurate about everything, you will lose as long as you eat less than 2300 every day.
  • NarmeenShariq
    Options
    Its 0.5 kg per week. Anybody suggests i increase it to 1580 calories per day? Will i lose faster? I measure everything i eat... i also burn abt 200-300 calories on treadmill. I have set my goal on 1kg per week.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    You only have 18kg (40 lb.) to lose. A loss of .5kg (1.1 lb.) per week is great. The closer you are to goal, the more slowly you lose. That's just the way the human body works. 1kg (2.2 lb.) per week is not a reasonable goal for someone your size.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants